OGXbox.com

Learning About the Original XBox

K-9

Well I'd like to fix my hard drive on my Aladdin chip modded console I didn't put the chip on there and I tried to add a dashboard the chip loads Evo  and then just goes blank  on the screen and I think I killed the hard drive I want to upgrade it anyways so it's not a big loss to me the chip does load in first so I'm thinking a copy of hexen 19 burnt onto a disc probably help me out with this but I've been reading and I think that's the right solution and I'm a Noob so trying to download it ,  I did get it after some reading, do have a copy on my  PC, I just don't know how to get the program open  after rar. Extracted the PC, it looked blank, so no idea what happened there, then burn it to the disc rw drive I have a lot of reading to do LOL any ideas?

What Xbox DVD drive do you have? Some really do not handle DVD-RW well and you may need to try a different kind of disc to burn to: a DVD-R or a standard CD-R. It can be hit and miss, especially with Thomson and Philips DVD drives. If you have a Hitachi DVD drive, you're best with DVD-R, since they tend not to read CD-R without internal modifications.

26 minutes ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

The hexen ISO will appear blank if you open it in winrar. its because of the way its used on the xbox, just burn it to disc, and pop it in the drive, the box should load the disc if you have the chip installed.

Probably slightly off topic but it's worth noting here that although winrar cannot open standard xbox disc images, some programs can, as they are usually technically not in a strict ISO format. This includes Hexen. Notably MagicISO and PowerISO can be used to open and extract *most* Xbox images. Note that both of these tend to require payment after awhile. In my experience they don't always handle "Redump" Xbox images well, since these full dumps contain two partitions- a standard DVD partition for if an Xbox disc is placed in an ordinary DVD player with a short video to tell the poor victim that they need to put it in a real Xbox if they want to play the game. The second (hidden) partition contains the game data. XDVDMulleter can successfully extract from these and pretty much any OG Xbox disc image I've thrown at it. Just thought I'd mention this in case the OP wants to extract some Xbox images to play straight from the HDD at some stage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Thanks Guys, 

I grab some Dvd-r and cd-r just in case.

Just to quickly point out, most games or custom software like HeXEn 2019, are too large for CD-R, which is why you will need the DVD-R. If the ISO you are trying to burn is smaller than 700MB then you can get away with burning to CD-R. Just keep that in mind.