OGXbox.com

Chimp Blackscreen, I Don't Have Composite Cables!

Hector Hidalgo

So guys, now finally after more than a month waiting, I finally got my Sata to IDE adapter. So, I am finally ready to clone my old HDD to the new one.

The problem now, is that when I start chimp, I get a black screen. Thing is, if anyone in the forum knows me, I am from Chile, and I converted my ONLY original composite cable and converted it into a very amazing Component cable, using an original 360 component cable.

So... I know that the problem Chimp gives me, is because I must use a composite cable. What do I do know?

I know there is a way to clone the Xbox HDD using Windows, but I cannot remember how to do that.

Cheers friends, and thank you.

Edit: Now that I think off, I do have 1 cheap component cable and the left over of my original composite. Is gonna be a pain in the ass, but anyone has a composite cable diagram?

Edited by Hector Hidalgo

I'm trying to wonder what is so special that's on that hard drive your old hard drive? If you could care less about what's on it there's an easier way of upgrading your hard drive if it is a hard modded system. Note this only works for hard modded system if you try this on a softmod you will screw everything up. All you need to do is put the new hard drive in its place with an upgraded 80 conductive wire. Burn a copy of hexen 19 use IMG burn that's the only program that will burn this this properly I normally burn at about 8x although I've heard speed does not matter... so remove the old hard drive installed a new hard drive put hexen in the Xbox... just wait a minute and normally takes a minute or two to load. Hexen will automatically detect that this is a brand new hard drive and it will walk you through the process of setting up the hard drive for your Xbox. Very simple a seven-year-old can follow these steps. However for some reason if it does not load this option and it allows you to go into hexen you want to pick option 3 then option 5 then option 3.. provided you are an ntsc region. This option will completely format the new hard drive for the original Xbox adding all the necessary files and executables to the new hard drive it will also even partition everything. This is one of them easier methods. If you must clone your hard drive. There are two different versions of chimp floating around the one I use is 2618. I've used that from day one never had a problem I know that there's a revised version of it but I couldn't figure out how to use it for the life of me. If you're having issues with chimp try the other version. Also you want to make sure that you using an 80 conductive wire and that the hard drive you are cloning to is set as slave

On 9/2/2019 at 7:55 AM, KaosEngineer said:

Make a composite cable. :)

I did just that! But then I learned that you only have to plug the "green" cable into the yellow composite input and you will see a black and white crappy image, but good enough to use chimp once... sadly I had already made the composite cable, almost destroying 1 of my fingers in the process :)

Edited by Hector Hidalgo

On 9/2/2019 at 9:47 AM, Frank D'Agostino said:

I'm trying to wonder what is so special that's on that hard drive your old hard drive? If you could care less about what's on it there's an easier way of upgrading your hard drive if it is a hard modded system. Note this only works for hard modded system if you try this on a softmod you will screw everything up. All you need to do is put the new hard drive in its place with an upgraded 80 conductive wire. Burn a copy of hexen 19 use IMG burn that's the only program that will burn this this properly I normally burn at about 8x although I've heard speed does not matter... so remove the old hard drive installed a new hard drive put hexen in the Xbox... just wait a minute and normally takes a minute or two to load. Hexen will automatically detect that this is a brand new hard drive and it will walk you through the process of setting up the hard drive for your Xbox. Very simple a seven-year-old can follow these steps. However for some reason if it does not load this option and it allows you to go into hexen you want to pick option 3 then option 5 then option 3.. provided you are an ntsc region. This option will completely format the new hard drive for the original Xbox adding all the necessary files and executables to the new hard drive it will also even partition everything. This is one of them easier methods. If you must clone your hard drive. There are two different versions of chimp floating around the one I use is 2618. I've used that from day one never had a problem I know that there's a revised version of it but I couldn't figure out how to use it for the life of me. If you're having issues with chimp try the other version. Also you want to make sure that you using an 80 conductive wire and that the hard drive you are cloning to is set as slave

I have a softmodded Xbox. Imposible to buy a chip in my country, well I guess there is 1 guy who sells the Aladdin chip, but why do that when you have a sofmodded able Xbox? (mine came softmodded, old softmod but good enough).

No matter, everything has worked so far, so we can leave this thread as "solution found" etc. Thanks to all of you guys.

Edited by Hector Hidalgo