OGXbox.com

Updating Unleashx XBox Dashboard

rmills55

Hi everyone, I was brought as a kid a modded/chipped Xbox, with unleashx (version 534 I think).

A

AnywayI was thinking its about time to update it but don't really know how to go about it! I'm unsure of what the modchip is, so I've attached a photo and it has switches/lights on front of console, I don't know if it matters but it is a 1.0 Xbox with fan on heatsink! I have removed clock capacitor! 

I basically want to update it because 1 the software randomly bugs up and have to restart it a couple of times, 2 want to change settings to NTSC (can't on this version of unleashx) and 3 just because I like messing with things 😂 

I did download a newer version of unleashx but it said to copy default.xbe, I don't have that file on my c drive it's called unleash.xbe, don't know if I'm looking in right place! 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your time and any help

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1566892513774.jpeg

If you look on your c partition you should have a evoxdash.xbe. file, if you rename this evoxdash_default.xbe and then name your latest unleash.xbe file to evoxdash.xbe it will replace your current dashboard.

Add a copy of enigmah to your app file to flip between PAL and NTSC. Just open it and choose between PAL and NTSC. Then go to M$ dash and in video unlock 480 and 720.

Edited by Ging3rguy

6 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

If you look on your c partition you should have a evoxdash.xbe. file, if you rename this evoxdash_default.xbe and then name your latest unleash.xbe file to evoxdash.xbe it will replace your current dashboard.

Hi, thank you I just looked through all of c drive and folders and couldn't find it :/ this is the route

IMG_20190901_110452.jpg

3 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

Using file explorer go into your c partition and load unldash.xbe, if this is your dash just rename this unldash_default.xbe and rename your latest version of unleashx to unldash.xbe and put it in the c partition.

I tried this, it started to load, then showed unleashx as if I did quick report with L,R,Back,Black/White, so I don't know if it booted

If you ran that xbe and then unleash loaded then thats your dash. If your unsure you can FTP across the files for a different dash and run that, and then go into file explorer on that dash and run the unldash.xbe  and see if unleash loads. If so that confirms thats your dash and you can go ahead with what @Ging3rguy said above :)

31 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

If you ran that xbe and then unleash loaded then thats your dash. If your unsure you can FTP across the files for a different dash and run that, and then go into file explorer on that dash and run the unldash.xbe  and see if unleash loads. If so that confirms thats your dash and you can go ahead with what @Ging3rguy said above :)

Okay will give that a try, thank you both! So would any dash work with the mod chip? Or am I best just sticking with unleashx like I originally planned, thank you

Depends what you want, if you want to keep it simple then Unleash or Evolution X dashes are fine, Otherwise you can run one of the variations of XBMC as your dash. If you can burn a disc then use Rocky5's softmod extras disc to install the dash you require, if you cant burn discs then ftp the contents of the extras iso to your xbox.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all

i am new here and have a problem with xbox. has a chip installed which has x shadow on it, when boots goes only to ms dash when chip on it lights up but will not boot into unleash x as it has had this on before because there is a save file in the memory but cannot do anything with it as it will only let you copy or delete it. also when chip is on will not load anything but original games.

i also have hexen disk downloaded in iso form but when i try and extract it nothing appears as if iso is empty but does show 333 mb on iso file.

any help would be grateful.