OGXbox.com

AtX Converter Board

pir8man

N64 Freak released over on DirtyPCBs.com designs for ATX converters. From there you can order production of a minimum batch of 10 bare boards. There are some pitfalls though: you do need to know in advance what version Xbox you intend to use, as there are two designs. One for V1.0 to V1.1 Xboxes and another for V1.2 to V1.4 Xboxes. Reason being, the first two revisions of the Xbox motherboard uses a single row socket, the following three use an actual ATX style connector, albeit internally wired and voltaged differently.
Also you do have to populate them with the required SMD components, socket and wiring yourself.
Currently: I am in the process of waiting for a batch of V1.0-1.1 adapter boards to arrive and then fit the required components, and this will be the first time I'm trying this. I only intend to use two of them at most if successful, so I've only ordered two ATX sockets to go with them so far. In theory I could offer to create some more using the spare boards if you need an adapter for a V1.0 or V1.1 Xbox motherboard. If you need an adapter for a V1.2 Xbox or above, I'm afraid I'm not able to be of much help at this time, though if you're lucky someone else might reply to this thread if they have some spares for V1.2 and above... though if you need one for V1.6 motherboard, then I'm afraid I don't know where you might find one as N64 Freak did not do a design for that revision. Sickmods.net used to do one if I remember rightly, but sadly that site has died a rather painful death and it's domain recycled for use by the usual advert parking companies... yuck. Anyway, I'll report back if I do manage to successfully make my set.

Edited by samspin

Thank you I am aware of the PCB's at dirtypcbs.com.  I am hoping someone who already ordered a batch will have one available still.

I do need 1.1 adapter though.  So let me know if you can assist once you receive your order.

Edited by pir8man

The PCBs were due to arrive today but Fedex has experienced a delay for some unexplained reason, so it probably won't be till Monday that I can even start getting anything assembled :/ Glad to see you need the the same kind of PCB I'm attempting to make as I hate throwing away completely working surplus materials! Could you please PM me with specifics such as your location?

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2019 at 7:11 PM, samspin said:

The PCBs were due to arrive today but Fedex has experienced a delay for some unexplained reason, so it probably won't be till Monday that I can even start getting anything assembled :/ Glad to see you need the the same kind of PCB I'm attempting to make as I hate throwing away completely working surplus materials! Could you please PM me with specifics such as your location?

did you receive the order?

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, neighbor said:

buds, where the links are? can't find anything by searching "ATX" on this site. Looking for the page where the BOM is listed, also the link to order boards from dirtypcbs or whatever it's called.

The links were posted by @N64 freak here; however, neither work anymore.   @N64 freak must have removed them from that web site.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 11:45 PM, N64 freak said:

@neighbor @KaosEngineer

Just checked it myself and the links both work fine for me! 

Might have been a temporary problem. If they still don‘t work for you just let me know and i‘ll look into it :)

Those two links are working now:

Xbox ATX Adapter for Revision 1.0 and 1.1

Xbox ATX Adapter for Revision 1.2 up to 1.5

Not sure what was happening a few days ago.  Several PCBs I had saved links to were not accessible. There are still others that are not showing up - Xerc2 Xbox ir mod, Xbox LED Underglow PCBs and Xbox LPC Rebuild quick solder PCBs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've had a couple of enquiries lately with regards to my stack of PCBs, and if I have any built up to give out. I am going to be totally honest: this time of year causes my brain to go very, very sluggish with winter hatred and I haven't touched them for awhile. I should be able to pick up again in the new year but if it's urgent I would suggest trying to make some yourself, you'll probably get it done quicker than I can. I'm very sorry about this, I don't want people hanging on false hope at the moment.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 1:04 AM, pir8man said:

Can I get one of those from you?

I have been patiently waiting over 4 months for samspin, but I want to get this project off of my to-do list.

Sure, I'm in the UK if that makes any difference and it would be a bare PCB as I haven't bought parts to assemble any more right now. PM me if still interested

• 2 years later...