OGXbox.com

Please Help Me Understand Modding

E321xbox

Hi all, I have recently bought another ogxbox after tryingto use my old one and it no longer working. I've seen alot of post about modding xbox's but don't really understand the benefits. Can anyone give me some of the advantages to modding? Or explain the benefits?. Thanks on advance 

One of the biggest benefits is copying the discs you legally own to your hard drive for faster loading times and no disc swapping. Since the disc drives fail over time, it's great to be able to run the games you own from the hard drive. 

Next, there are media playing capabilities and emulation you can look into. 

Thanks for the advice, that does sound much easier and I'll look into thoes others aswell. I turned the Xbox on and it flashes red and green, the Xbox will turn on and will load to the home screen but when I insert a disk and it starts to load a message pops up saying it can't read the disc and make sure it's a Xbox disc im using. I've looked into it and from what I've seen if I replace the disc reader it should work again? Although I have now bought another one it would be good to be able to fix the other and maybe use that one for my first attempt at modding