OGXbox.com

XBmc Origins

wobbles1

hello I just wanted to say thank you to Dom Dxecutioner, for creating XBMC ORIGINS skin,  credit where credit is due.   so my problem is a two fold problem,   the 1st being that when I set a shortcut on the home screen, it sets the shortcut just fine, however the image is not displaying (yes I have posters and images in the file for it)       

the second part is that the script for downloading my XBL avatar, Gamerscore, and recently played games,    will not display because the script fails.   can anyone give DETAILED instructions as to how I fix this

thank you for your time

yeah it really is a great skin, i specifically use the "games only" varient  so i cant answer your second question, i can answer your first question. the reason your not getting icons in your set shortcuts (this would also affect the favorites window) is because you need to set the image you would like to use in the game directory, your "default.tbn" which is just the image you want to use as your games icon

Edited by abazz009

Thank you for your reply.  I have set it to default.tbn.   If I go into the emulation folder I can see the icon for  a particular emulator for  example NES has it's own, SNES has it's own. Etc.   But on the home screen, there is no icon for either of those.  They are just blank shortcuts.  Also if I click said shortcut (one is set as SNES, one fore NES, one for Genesis)  they do nothing.   I can set an emulator or game but no icon for emulators.  However the games set as a shortcut showup.  It's odd.  I've also deleted the userdata/pictures/program  folder as another instruction said to do, in order for the listing to re-populate themselves with the new images.  I've also made a Addon.XML file for each shortcut and placed it properly, because ORIGINS is allowing me to SET the emulators & games as shortcuts.  Did I do something wrong in the xml file. ???

ahh ok so my default.tbn comment didnt help, i thought you wanted icons on the selection area,

have you tried to re-set the shortcuts? i had coin-ops do nothing when i clicked on it aswell but after a re-configure it hasnt givin any trouble since

i completely forgot about the addon.xlm files its been awhile since  iv had to mess with it. yeah i would just re-check those to make sure they are pointing to the correct paths, as for the icons are you following the correct sizes? they are 256x256