OGXbox.com

Questions and Other Stuff

Rocky5

3 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

White button, refresh all contents info and make sure resources is enabled in the view options menu. 

"White button, refresh all contents info" -> doesn't fix the issue.

"make sure resources is enabled in the view options menu" -> can't find this, where is it exactly ? however as you can se on my screen caps, other games display resources fine and evebn theone with the issue display the banner and the full synopsis page ...

EDIT : Found it ! It's located on the dpad up 'View Settings' menu, third entry 'View Options' and indeed resources were disabled ! now it works !

Last issues: finding _resources for the few prototype games I have
and making PAL games work ...

Edited by Voljega

On 1/14/2024 at 10:55 PM, Voljega said:

"White button, refresh all contents info" -> doesn't fix the issue.

"make sure resources is enabled in the view options menu" -> can't find this, where is it exactly ? however as you can se on my screen caps, other games display resources fine and evebn theone with the issue display the banner and the full synopsis page ...

EDIT : Found it ! It's located on the dpad up 'View Settings' menu, third entry 'View Options' and indeed resources were disabled ! now it works !

Last issues: finding _resources for the few prototype games I have
and making PAL games work ...

Take a look at the custom resources thread for custom artwork for your prototypes:

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 9:45 AM, nikeymikey said:

Which prototype games do you need Art for? 

Also PAL games should just work.... 

Prototype games  I need Art for:
Storm Riders
ATV3
Lamborghini
Project Velocity
Freefall 3050 AD
Rebellious Bullet

The PAL games should work yes, especially given that automatic video mode based on region is activated, but then don't even work when launching them in PAL manually, all of them just give a black screen on launch

Edited by Voljega

3 hours ago, Voljega said:

Prototype games  I need Art for:
Storm Riders
ATV3
Lamborghini
Project Velocity
Freefall 3050 AD
Rebellious Bullet

The PAL games should work yes, especially given that automatic video mode based on region is activated, but then don't even work when launching them in PAL manually, all of them just give a black screen on launch

Freefall 3050AD is available in the XBMC4Gamers artwork installer. It is under Other. 

Lamborghini is available in my artwork thread 

The others I will look into creating if I can find some source artwork to build from. I'm no artist so wont be creating from scratch :)

EDIT - Rebellious Bullet looks to have zero art available anywhere!! As it was a totally unknown game this is not surprising. I will see what I can put together tho. 

• Like 1

@Voljega I have got some art to work with for Storm Riders, ATV3 and Project Velocity so will get started on those tonight. 

Rebellious Bullet seems to only exist as the game download, same 2 screenshots used everywhere its mentioned with zero other art anywhere. Cant promise anything on this one and even if I do knock something up I can't promise it will great looking lol.

7 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

@Voljega I have got some art to work with for Storm Riders, ATV3 and Project Velocity so will get started on those tonight. 

Rebellious Bullet seems to only exist as the game download, same 2 screenshots used everywhere its mentioned with zero other art anywhere. Cant promise anything on this one and even if I do knock something up I can't promise it will great looking lol.

Can't go past the start screen anyway (I mean there's a black screen after)
There's been a new game prototype released this days I think too, but I don't have it and don't remember the name

• 2 weeks later...

Where is Chronicles of Riddick ( escape from Butcher bay)installed iun XBMC4Gamers?

Is there a way to find out where the source directory is for a game? 

The game Chronicles of Riiddick does show up in the lineup of games right after Chronicles of Narnia. 

I have the full CCI rom set installed with cerbios. 

I want to copy that game to another Xbox. I looked on my PC in the CCI set but could not find it. Also in my games directory on the xbox ( where all my games are installed) I can not locate it. 

If I disable game name no title is shown in the lineup from games.  only if I opt for both labels or game label Thye name is shown. That makes me think thjat the directory might be different...... 

image.thumb.jpeg.9e5deaf04ce20e732a7aee2c4f558221.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6b07868af0f212dbf7c200dcfef034a2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0c39cfe0e59d9ac7963ce3b4cdd96793.jpeg

This is the set of games which I have. it is the whole set in CCI form done by the tool repackinator.  

image.png.64787271970094963b3fff4a037e79e6.png

May be somebody with the same gameset knows how it is called or somebody knows how to show the game location within XBMC4gamers?

Thanks in advance for answers or ideas. 

3 hours ago, Peppie said:

Where is Chronicles of Riddick ( escape from Butcher bay)installed iun XBMC4Gamers?

Is there a way to find out where the source directory is for a game? 

The game Chronicles of Riiddick does show up in the lineup of games right after Chronicles of Narnia. 

I have the full CCI rom set installed with cerbios. 

I want to copy that game to another Xbox. I looked on my PC in the CCI set but could not find it. Also in my games directory on the xbox ( where all my games are installed) I can not locate it. 

If I disable game name no title is shown in the lineup from games.  only if I opt for both labels or game label Thye name is shown. That makes me think thjat the directory might be different...... 

image.thumb.jpeg.9e5deaf04ce20e732a7aee2c4f558221.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6b07868af0f212dbf7c200dcfef034a2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0c39cfe0e59d9ac7963ce3b4cdd96793.jpeg

This is the set of games which I have. it is the whole set in CCI form done by the tool repackinator.  

image.png.64787271970094963b3fff4a037e79e6.png

May be somebody with the same gameset knows how it is called or somebody knows how to show the game location within XBMC4gamers?

Thanks in advance for answers or ideas. 

There's a newer set available at back-ups.me :)

1 hour ago, Peppie said:

Ow just found it myself: I looked it up in the repackinator. Folder is T.C.O.R-Escape from B.B.

image.thumb.png.bf00267286472b8647536792bfab4bf7.png

Repackinator shortens the folder names to keep them within FATX spec.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@Rocky5Where can I download the latest build of 4Gamers? Should I download the github Repo as a zip? I can't connect my Xbox to internet at the moment so I can't use the Downloader.

Also would running an old version alongside the new version cause any problems in their T/UDATA folders?

I kind of wanted to try the new version before I overwrite the old one incase something doesn't works for me. 

Thank you for your incredible work. :)

6 hours ago, PRince404 said:

@Rocky5Where can I download the latest build of 4Gamers? Should I download the github Repo as a zip? I can't connect my Xbox to internet at the moment so I can't use the Downloader.

Also would running an old version alongside the new version cause any problems in their T/UDATA folders?

I kind of wanted to try the new version before I overwrite the old one incase something doesn't works for me. 

Thank you for your incredible work. :)

direct link is in the readme.md file on github (scroll down) and no you can run both if you want.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a lot to ask but my dumb ass forgot to write down everything. So here's what I still have :

I tried the new version for a couple of minutes so there are some things I like and don't but I'd post more about it soon.

1. Add an option for Square Profile Pics?
  2. Old Loading Icon? (Those square blocks). Because the new one is barely visible on my Composite CRT.
  3. Disable artworks in specific folders? I have a folder of shortcuts to launch Doom wads, and disabling Artworks allows me to use custom images/icons via the <thumb> tag in them. So if it would be possible to make this option only take effect in that folder would be great.

Here's stuff about the old version (Dunno which I'm running but it should be 1.2/4?.xx) :

1. The music player settings are not in one place in Settings. Some are in Login Screen or some other option (iirc) (Ignore if it's in one place in New update).
  2. Way/Option to reset Audio & Video Player settings? Because I borked something in the options and now the Music player doesn't appears when there's Visualizations (Screen Savers) going on. Audio player also stops playback when I press B in Screen Saver Visualizations. Also did something to the video settings and now H246 576x480 and 720x576 playback drops frames.
  3. Add Opus Support? There are a lot of tracks I downloaded from Youtube and other sources that are only in .opus/.ogg

And last thing (for the moment) is how would I go about editing the entirety of the XBMC4Gamers UI because I wanted to make a Theme/Skin that's suitable for 480i CRTs. (Texts and some windows are too small to read)

That's it. Thanks. :)

5 hours ago, PRince404 said:

1. Add an option for Square Profile Pics?
  2. Old Loading Icon? (Those square blocks). Because the new one is barely visible on my Composite CRT.
  3. Disable artworks in specific folders? I have a folder of shortcuts to launch Doom wads, and disabling Artworks allows me to use custom images/icons via the <thumb> tag in them. So if it would be possible to make this option only take effect in that folder would be great.

Here's stuff about the old version (Dunno which I'm running but it should be 1.2/4?.xx) :

1. The music player settings are not in one place in Settings. Some are in Login Screen or some other option (iirc) (Ignore if it's in one place in New update).
  2. Way/Option to reset Audio & Video Player settings? Because I borked something in the options and now the Music player doesn't appears when there's Visualizations (Screen Savers) going on. Audio player also stops playback when I press B in Screen Saver Visualizations. Also did something to the video settings and now H246 576x480 and 720x576 playback drops frames.
  3. Add Opus Support? There are a lot of tracks I downloaded from Youtube and other sources that are only in .opus/.ogg

And last thing (for the moment) is how would I go about editing the entirety of the XBMC4Gamers UI because I wanted to make a Theme/Skin that's suitable for 480i CRTs. (Texts and some windows are too small to read)

1. Do you have multiple profiles? If not, there is an option to Auto Login as well as hide profile pic, so it boots straight to the dash.

2. I still have square blocks for loading.

3. You can rename your artwork for those folders. Just need a poster.jpg, synopsis.jpg, and an alt_synopsis.jpg. If you want background art, then add fanart.jpg.

1a. If you don't need two profiles, enable Auto Login and hide profile pic. Use audio settings in main dash. If you have a startup playlist, just press X at boot to show media controls, Right Thumb Up/Down controls volume. Dpad Up/Down switches between Pause/Stop.

2a. I've never tried visualizations, but just did and I don't see the media player controls during screensaver. Right Thumb Up/Down controls volume, and Right Thumb Left/Right seeks. Pressing B during visualization stops my playlist also, but it's my first time using it. Not sure what all it used to do.

I noticed that if you use the Fanart screensaver, pressing B doesn't stop the playlist, but Right Thumb deactivates screensaver, unlike visualization.

3a. Never heard of Opus.

Here is his Theme template for Gamers.

• Like 1

1. Do you have multiple profiles? If not, there is an option to Auto Login as well as hide profile pic, so it boots straight to the dash.

I have auto login enabled but still my profile pic looks better in that Square size/mask. No worries, I'll take care of that my self.

2. I still have square blocks for loading.

I meant the ones that appear when you're on the Login Screen. Those square blocks do appear in the newer version but only when you're in the dash and they also appear in the center. I just have minor nitpicks like these, sorry. XD

3. You can rename your artwork for those folders. Just need a poster.jpg, synopsis.jpg, and an alt_synopsis.jpg. If you want background art, then add fanart.jpg.

Didn't quite get what you meant by this. Which folders do you mean the rest of games/apps/emus ones or just the shortcut one? Because In the shortcuts folder it's just the .cut files. And they use the _resources files when artworks are enabled, so all of the icons appears as box art that are in the _resources folder. If I disable artworks then I can use the <thumb> tag like I said. But it ruins icons/style for rest of the library (Games/Apps/Emus).

1a. If you don't need two profiles, enable Auto Login and hide profile pic. Use audio settings in main dash. If you have a startup playlist, just press X at boot to show media controls, Right Thumb Up/Down controls volume. Dpad Up/Down switches between Pause/Stop.

I'm aware of the Music Player which can be brought down by pressing X. But that's not what I was talking about in that point. I meant the "Skin Settings>Startup Options" That option has the Music Playlist function. I think It'd be better to have it in the Music Section. So all settings are in one place.

2a. I've never tried visualizations, but just did and I don't see the media player controls during screensaver. Right Thumb Up/Down controls volume, and Right Thumb Left/Right seeks. Pressing B during visualization stops my playlist also, but it's my first time using it. Not sure what all it used to do.

I noticed that if you use the Fanart screensaver, pressing B doesn't stop the playlist, but Right Thumb deactivates screensaver, unlike visualization.

I just checked on the new version and it seems that Music Playback only stops on the SlideShow, FanArt SlideShow  and when you have "Use visualization if playing audio" options enabled in the ScreenSaver settings it doesn't stops on rest of the screen savers like MatrixTrails I used. So it must be something I borked on the older version that causes Music to stop on every Screen Saver.

3a. Never heard of Opus.

Opus I believe is used by Youtube and other online streaming services to save data bandwidth with media playback. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_(audio_format)

Or I dunno if it's AAC. But if you try to download media from youtube using some applications like Seal for Android then it gives you the option to either save it as .m4a (Which I believe is AAC) and .opus. Opus seems to have slightly better quality at around 156kbps while with m4a you gets 128kbps. 

Main problem is that I have a couple thousand tracks downloaded in opus and converting them to mp3 or something else take will time and also destroy their metadata (id3 tags on mp3) which I really don't want to.

So I was wishing for opus support to be added.

And now to two more thingies that just came to my mind:

1.The Face buttons in the UI and bottom bar are no longer colored in the newer version, So I'd like to know that's the file that can be copied back from the older version to get the color back or is it some rgb value in a .xml

2. The music fade out/in when you change tracks via the music player stopped working on my old version when I messed up the settings. It's working fine on the new version So it was one of the reasons why I asked for a way to reset the Music and Video player settings.