OGXbox.com

Questions and Other Stuff

Rocky5

Thanks kaos, I have used them with xbmc before but for some reason the trainers don’t seem to show up on the 4gamers skin. Not sure if I have to add the xored trainer engine app to make it work?? I’m sure it was built in to XBMC before.... 

oh well I’ll have another play about with it tonight and see if I can get them working.

EDIT: I had to manually edit the trainer path in advancedsettings.xml, once i did that trainer settings option appeared in the white button menu.

I see in the settings menu under settings - programs, that there should be a way to edit the trainer path, along with the video settings but it doesnt seem to show for me??

Edited by nikeymikey

4 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Some of my dvd covers have a white controller logo in the top left corner, anyone know what it is?

Is it something to do with trainers? I have some games with the little grey circle logo, i thought that was for trainers as it goes yellow when the trainer is activated....

Controller means you have played the game.

Little grey circle is the trainer found icon, it turn yellow when you enable a trainer. 

Both can be disabled in the skin settings > toggles menu

trainers also go in Q:\system\trainers by default, you can ch age this in the programs settings menu. 

Edited by Rocky5
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 4:32 AM, Blobby85 said:

Hey Rocky, I tried the downloader and it appears to be working, but I can't find any of the downloaded stuff on the Xbox and the games do not recognize the dlc. Do I have to install it after downloading through the downloader? And If yes, where do the downloads get stored?

Did you ever figure this one out? I'm having the same issue. When I run the Halo 2 DLC installer, none of the new maps show up and I can't find where it gets installed to.

5 hours ago, theduder27 said:

Did you ever figure this one out? I'm having the same issue. When I run the Halo 2 DLC installer, none of the new maps show up and I can't find where it gets installed to.

DLC may require the latest version xbe file, next to the DLC in downloader. Can’t remember what version is installed 1.5 or 1.6 with the DLC. 

Hey @Rocky5.  Great job on the skin.  I really like it a lot!

Quick question.  I just recently did the XERC 2 IR mod with the internal MS USB dongle.  The install was a success and I can see in UnleashX everything working perfectly.  However, none of the navigation buttons seem to work with the XBMC4Gamers, even when I enable the MCE/Universal remote, nothing.  Is it just me or...?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

Hey @Rocky5.  Great job on the skin.  I really like it a lot!

Quick question.  I just recently did the XERC 2 IR mod with the internal MS USB dongle.  The install was a success and I can see in UnleashX everything working perfectly.  However, none of the navigation buttons seem to work with the XBMC4Gamers, even when I enable the MCE/Universal remote, nothing.  Is it just me or...?

Thank you!

There is not remote.xml file in the keymaps folder as there was no need. 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

The controller <B> button keymapping I see has the function Back assigned to it and remote.xml I see the <Back> button is assigned the Back function as well.  Seems it should work the way it is if you add the remote.xml file.

Everything seems to work everywhere except the back button on the remote doesn't work on the Synopsis screen.  If I knew what XBMC calls the Synopsis screen internally then maybe I could include the back button keymapping under that section in the remote.xml as in this example for the context menu where the mapping of the "title" button is changed to go "back":

<ContextMenu>
    <remote>
      <title>Back</title>
    </remote>
  </ContextMenu>

This is not a question, just want to thank @Rocky5 for this beautifull dash, it's exactly what I was searching for, up to the possibility to use subfolders in Games directories !

Well I only have left the problem of a seemingly good amount of games freezing or rebooting my xbox, but it is not related to this dash as it happened before with my previous dash

Edited by Voljega

So I will use F: and G: for my game collection and wanted to know how it is managed.

If I put games in subfolder (like Platform) on both disks (F:\Games\Platform and G:\Games\Platform) will they appear in dash as in a single Platform subfolder or will it crash ?

Also is it possible to have an image displayed for the folders  like for the games ? and eventually banner ?

I also wanted to know if it is possible to download anywhere the whole artwork ressources base used by the dash ?

I need it to manually fix games which are not scrapped by the dash and also to know which games I am missing (dash says it has artwork for around 1062 games but I only have 850-900 or so, although I delibarately removed some, it was not that many)

Edited by Voljega

Sorry most of my answers don't apply here. 

@Voljega is not using UnleashX but XBMC4Gamers.  I didn't look at the complete breadcrumb of the post to see that his Questions were for Rocky5's Projects -> XBMC4Gamers, not the Xbox Softmodding Tool.

So I will use F: and G: for my game collection and wanted to know how it is managed.

If I put games in subfolder (like Platform) on both disks (F:\Games\Platform and G:\Games\Platform) will they appear in dash as in a single Platform subfolder or will it crash ?

You will have to edit UnleashX's config.xml file to add a menu item that is used to scan the F:\games\platform and G:\games\platform subfolders.  UnleashX doesn't scan more than 1 level below each path to locate folders that contain default.xbe files.  Both folders set by the <Path></Path> tag will be listed and Sorted alphabetically is Sort is set to "On". (See the attached UnleashX Tutorial Guide for more info.)

<List Text="Platform Games" Sort="On" Auto="On" Icon="F:\Icons\Platform_Games.png">
    <Path>F:\Games\Platform</Path>
    <Path>F:\Games\Platform</Path>
</List>

Also is it possible to have an image displayed for the folders  like for the games ? and eventually banner ?

You have to add it to the menu item manually for each list as set above in the <List> tag attributes. I don't think UnleashX will add them automagically 4 u.  

I also wanted to know if it is possible to download anywhere the whole artwork ressources base used by the dash ?

XBMC-Emustation's downloader. However, I think it installs the content for XBMC-Emustation not leaving an archive to use elsewhere.  But, not sure.  I think it's HUGE 10's of GB's with artwork and XMV preview videos.

I need it to manually fix games which are not scrapped by the dash and also to know which games I am missing (dash says it has artwork for around 1062 games but I only have 850-900 or so, although I delibarately removed some, it was not that many)

Reasons they'd not show up:

There's no default.xbe file (none should not have this file as that's how the Xbox runs a game - executing default.xbe).

The game is in a sub sub folder of a scanned path.  UnleashX only looks for default.xbe files in a folder one level below a directory set by a <Path></Path> entry for a menu <List></List> - a subfolder of those path entries.

Looks like Grammarly is messing with quoted text in posts. adding the number of grammatical errors it sees in them and then I cannot click on the Quote, Edit, Options items at the bottom of my own post to go back and Edit the post to try and remove them.

Update: Cleaned up the previous post after using Chrome's Inspect options to find the link to edit the post.  Grammarly doesn't work very well with whatever CMS system OGXbox.com uses.

28 minutes ago, Voljega said:

Yeah but all my questions were for XBMC4Gamers not UnleashX 🤣🤣

Oops.  Thought they were just about the Xbox Softmodding System which uses UnleashX dashboard.  Didn't check which of his forums this Q&A thread was underneath.  I see now XBMC4Gamers not Xbox Softmodding Tool or XBMC-Emustation.

• 1 month later...