OGXbox.com

Questions and Other Stuff

Rocky5

Using latest versions of XBmc4gamers, have an issue with many of the movie previews playing choppy or slower than they should play.  I checked these particular movies with VLC and they play normally otherwise.  Other movies play normally under XBmc4gamers.  I'm using the resource packs found in another topic.  Many movies play okay while many others don't.  Is there a fix for this?

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

VLC on a PC doesn't play XMV files well.  The Xbox plays them without the stutter.

Are you previewing them on your PC as you mention VLC? (It always stutters on my old laptop - not a speedy machine.)

Are they stuttering on the Xbox?  Which particular preview videos do so?

The Amp 2 preview.xmv is an example of a media file that plays slow within XBMC4Gamers on my Xbox v1.6 when I launch it from the Synopsis menu.  It plays normally in VLC.   I also have that Xbox Video Museum Skin installed and all the xmv files play normally in that app.  Normally I wouldn't consider this a big deal if it was just one xmv file that is troublesome but it seems to effect most xmv files in XBMC4Gamers on my system using the xmv files in that resource pack.

• 1 month later...

Rocky5 you are the man(or woman)! I love XBMC4Gamers setup and interface.

2 questions:

1: Is there no way to view and select media files (Music and Video) in this interface? I have looked and cannot find any options that will let me. I know it is meant to focus on gaming, but i see that I can still cast to xbmc4gamers from my pc, so I figured I would ask.

2: Also, and more importantly, is the URLDownloader service down? I have noticed there are a bunch of mods and apps I would love to install and explore, but when I use the URLDownloader I get an Error saying "Script failed! : downloader.py"... :(
The downloader package downloaded and extracted properly, my internet connection should be ok.
I have updated to the newest version of your software and had no luck still. I cannot update the URLDownloader app through the xbox interface either, receiving the same message. My dash says I am running xbmc4gamers 1.2.(no number after the second decimal) and the latest update was on 12/24/2018. The downloader version says 1.0.15 on the dash...

Any help is greatly appreciated and I am grateful that you all are helping to keep this modding community alive!!!!!

Edited by KICKASSKC

I found this link with the same issue but i dont know how to properly edit my strings.po file to change what version my dash says...

Line 18 doesnt even appear:

msgctxt "#16"
msgid "Saturday"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#17"
msgid "Sunday"
msgstr ""

#empty strings from id 18 to 20

msgctxt "#21"
msgid "January"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#22"
msgid "February"
msgstr ""

Edited by KICKASSKC

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 8:07 PM, Rocky5 said:

Currently no.

It’s XBMC, it’s in the name :/ and if XBMC allows information then it will, you will just need to enable it in the setting menu. I don’t have one so can’t test or tell you what menu ( probably system ) it would be under. 

I love this dash! My only issue seems to be getting it to utilize the saved LCD settings. It seems to save settings fine, when i reboot the settings are still correct. However, when I reboot it does not display the dash info. If I toggle the type of chip it displays correctly until I reboot again.

is there any way that I can set the games to a "sub-directory" .... .inside my games folders they are ordered in a alphabetical folder structure e.g. (folder) #AB (folder) CD (folder) EFG (folder) etc.

so by default the folder names given become the game names and system crashes.   if I can't do this then I'll need to change the "other skin" :'((

edit: never meant to edit the post 🙄

Edited by Rocky5
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, GDMorry said:

is there any way that I can set the games to a "sub-directory" .... .inside my games folders they are ordered in a alphabetical folder structure e.g. (folder) #AB (folder) CD (folder) EFG (folder) etc.

so by default the folder names given become the game names and system crashes.   if I can't do this then I'll need to change the "other skin" :'((

edit: never meant to edit the post 🙄

disable the fast game loading in the skin settings toggles 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What's this mean

8 hours ago, miguelodeon said:

Somebody Know how to do that VGA go without tint green witch Rocky5 1.1.5?

VGA go without green witch ...

You talking about these two NKPatcher override files:

/E/nkp11/video.bin with a single character: 1, 2 or 3.

1 force progressive mode
2 enable VGA fix
3 both options 1 and 2

/E/nkp11/eeprom_off.bin

An empty file its presence alone switches off the use of a virtual EEPROM.

Edited by KaosEngineer

23 hours ago, miguelodeon said:

Somebody Know how to do that VGA go without tint green witch Rocky5 1.1.5?

You can’t there is not native VGA support, so it’s green tint if you don’t have a monitor that supports sync on green. 

This is why I don’t have it in the video menu, as it’s useless to 99% of folk. (It’s there disabled in the config)

Edited by Rocky5

13 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Lol yep tried that 😃 it’s not a deal breaker anyway, just thought as it seemed to be a standard Xbox feature that it would work. I only really tried it as I had just installed an X3IR yesterday and was playing around with the remote.

Is the DVD playback kit dongle installed in a port.?

From what I remember, the X3IR alone only allows the Xbox DVD remote to power on/off the console it does not perform other functions.

Yes, I know the limitations of the X3IR, and yes I also have the dongle plugged in. I’ll play around with the settings and see what’s up. I know the Xbox remote can control XMBC because I have another box that was modded years ago that the remote works perfectly to control xbmc. That one still has the old MC360 skin on it! That was always my favourite skin, don’t wanna update the xmbc in that console in case that skin is no longer compatible 😃