OGXbox.com

Questions and Other Stuff

Rocky5

It not a BIOS thing as the same happens when using a X2-5035.67 and IND5004.67

It also does the same with EvloutionX , Dragon ,Origins dashboards 

The triggers +back+Black is the same as pressing a reset button on a PC and that causes a full reboot.

As long  xbmc4gamers set as your default dash it will take around 30 seconds to reboot to ready to select a new game.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

It not a BIOS thing as the same happens when using a X2-5035.67 and IND5004.67

It also does the same with EvloutionX , Dragon ,Origins dashboards 

The triggers +back+Black is the same as pressing a reset button on a PC and that causes a full reboot.

As long  xbmc4gamers set as your default dash it will take around 30 to reboot to ready to select a new game.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

With evtool you can edit the bios to boot to logo or dash.

Edited by Ging3rguy

Unlike Coinops where you can use Back+Start to exit the ROM you are playing and return to the Coinops menu I am not aware of any shortcut like that for any Xbox dash (xbmc4gamers, EvolationX,Dragon, Origins 2tb).

Unless you are using a version 1.6 board I would recommend the X2-5035.67 and then edit the  x2config.ini file on E: drive to boot direct to xbmc4gamers 

I also set xbmc4gamers to load direct to the user screen unless you have set multiple users .

Cheers

SS Dave

11 hours ago, H3is3nb3rg said:

Yes, Hardmodded with OpenXenium, bios is evox_m8.bin

Not sure what igr settings are

IGR is embedded in the bios, you can turn it off and on with some of the dashboards.

You can edit the ind-bios.cfg file to tell which dash to boot to.

If you had a softmod it would boot to your default dash.

here’s an old list of which bios has igr and which options are available. Just scroll down to igr options.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160316051856/http://xbox-scene.com:80/bios_retail.html

• Like 1

15 hours ago, H3is3nb3rg said:

Yes, Hardmodded with OpenXenium, bios is evox_m8.bin

Not sure what igr settings are

If you use ind-bios you get a few different igr options, borrowed this list from a thread on xbmx4xbox by Rocky5.

• Shutdown (Triggers + Back + White)
  • Tray Eject (Triggers + Right Thumb + Dpad UP)
  • Tray Close (Triggers + Right Thumb + Dpad DOWN)
  • Power Cycle (Triggers + Back + X + Black)
  • Soft reset to dashboard (Triggers + Back + Black)
  • Restart current disc (Triggers + Back + start)
Edited by Ging3rguy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

If you use ind-bios you get a few different igr options, borrowed this list from a thread on xbmx4xbox by Rocky5.

• Shutdown (Triggers + Back + White)
  • Tray Eject (Triggers + Right Thumb + Dpad UP)
  • Tray Close (Triggers + Right Thumb + Dpad DOWN)
  • Power Cycle (Triggers + Back + X + Black)
  • Soft reset to dashboard (Triggers + Back + Black)
  • Restart current disc (Triggers + Back + start)

shutdown (triggers + black + white)

tray eject (triggers + right thumb + dpad up)

tray close ( triggers + right thumb + dpad down)

power cycle ( triggers + back + x + black)

restart current disk (triggers + back + start)

posted again as pasteing black on black is a bit tricky to read.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Rocky5, 

With the release of XboxHDMI soon, can we expect the utilisation of its CEC functions to turn on and off TVs when the xbox boots and shuts down. Based on what MakeMHz has stated in the discord they will release the nxdk toolchain for developers to implement the feature when its ready. 

Is this something your interested in supporting?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Is it normal that xbmc4gamers points to E:\UDATA\09999990 folder but I cannot find that folder. could that be the reason that the app just doesn't boot anymore? It was working fine, took out the hard drive to add more game and now just doesn't start anymore. I've repeated the initial instalation process but cannot solve the issue.

So basically my question is should I have that folder?

Thank you, and amazing work of course.

Edited by Defkyle
wrong wording

• 7 months later...

Hey Rocky5, great work on the XMBC4gamers!

Just wanted to ask, is there any way I can edit the background color for the profile select screen within XMBC4gamers?

Or better yet, can I get a skin for it or perhaps some kind of night mode? (I already have nightmode engaged but it only affects within the profiles, not the profile select screen.)

The UI allows me to change the profile color of the background WITHIN a profile, but not at the profile select screen. Since this is the first thing that pops up when I turn on my xbox, I am forced to see this crummy baby blue color that I don't like and everywhere online claims theres no way to change it or customize it. I have a feeling the baby blue value is given via a hex color code within some file somewhere, I do not mind going into a line of code and editing the hex value if necessary, I just want to know where this information is located in order to change it, because this is literally the last thing before I am 100% custom and everything looks nice and shiny and to my liking but currently the baby blue is driving me nuts. I'd personally love a space grey or something.

I also want to mention I have a soft modded xbox.

Edited by double0zero

• 4 months later...

Ok so there's this Disable Edit Mode key combo to enter at the login screen.

I'm at this screen.  Is it not the login screen?  

screenshot000.png.9ecae4e2684e6faa42d0f198f6896181.png

Because pressing the button combo to Enable/Disable Edit Mode:

UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT & A

simply moves the cursor around the screen selecting different profile icons and upon pressing (A) opens the selected icon.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, almmiron said:

Hello. i have a 1.6 chipped xbox. Using xbmc4gamers as default dash.

Want to play enter the matrix in 1080i, but if i set 1080i, xbmc4gamers auto disable it when i turn it off and on again, saying it's due the complexity of this dashboard.

Yes, I believe there's not enough memory available to start the game from XBMC4Gamers.  Start UnleashX or Evoxdash and try to run it from one of those replacement dashboards.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

So I have successfully updated to XMBC4Gamers 2.0.0.1

Now I'd like to update XBox Artwork Installer to latest version to resolve some few long standing issues (I hope !), I currently have a very old version 1.9.4 or something.

First it seems I can't install the new version, or I dont understand how: when trying to select the installation folder, I can't go on the OK/Cancel/Create New Folder part, not sure if I don't understand how (unreachable through the pad or any button) or if it's greyed out for some reason ?

(In the attached picture the present folder is the one for my existing 1.9.4 installation)

IMG_20240113_101547513_HDR.thumb.jpg.75cbb2af339feb73dc165dfc5c0460d3.jpg

Secondly, it might actually be a better idea to uninstall the previous installer, then install the new one, to avoid any conflict.
Not sure either how to exactly do that properly and safely, is it as simple as deleting the previous XBox Artwork Installer app folder and rebooting ?

8 hours ago, Voljega said:

So I have successfully updated to XMBC4Gamers 2.0.0.1

Now I'd like to update XBox Artwork Installer to latest version to resolve some few long standing issues (I hope !), I currently have a very old version 1.9.4 or something.

First it seems I can't install the new version, or I dont understand how: when trying to select the installation folder, I can't go on the OK/Cancel/Create New Folder part, not sure if I don't understand how (unreachable through the pad or any button) or if it's greyed out for some reason ?

(In the attached picture the present folder is the one for my existing 1.9.4 installation)

IMG_20240113_101547513_HDR.thumb.jpg.75cbb2af339feb73dc165dfc5c0460d3.jpg

Secondly, it might actually be a better idea to uninstall the previous installer, then install the new one, to avoid any conflict.
Not sure either how to exactly do that properly and safely, is it as simple as deleting the previous XBox Artwork Installer app folder and rebooting ?

Just delete the old one and redownload it, you press left on the D-Pad to select ok.

• Like 1

Managed to update and also downloaded the FanArt 128MB Pack

Still having my two-ish issues, and I must mention I'm using genre subfolders for my game.
However even when I go into one subfolders, go on the first game and press "Update all content infos" in the context menu, I can see the system is working on it with a progress bar but after that I still have the following problems:

- Latest games I added are not scrapped at all, no info is found for them, like Shrek, Shrek 2 or Sneakers

- I had dozens of games which were added and properly scrapped a while ago, they were displaying the boxart, banner and synopsis content in the synopsis Y page.
However they were not working and I add to delete them and replace them by keeping the same game folder name.
Now obviously while doing that the _resources folder inside the game folder was deleted.
After doing that the boxart for the game still appears but the banner has disappeared, updating the infos does nothing, not even creating the _resources folder inside the game folder.
The main boxart still displaying makes me think the game is still referenced as 'scrapped' or something somewhere, and not updated

IMG_20240114_083828211.jpg.d35224ed728591c6b56de011876e3945.jpg

- Since updating to latest XBMC4Gamers (and even before updating the Artwork Installer) on the synopsis page, the 3D boxart has disappeared for all games

IMG_20240114_083839609.jpg

Seems I can't edit my post ...
By launching Xbox Artwork Installer manually and adding custom path for my genre subfolders, doing automatic scrape and then 'Refresh all contents' in each subfolder, I was able to resolve most issues.

There's one remaining : newly added games boxart is not appearing, while banner art and even their synopsis (and the boxart in it !) are ...

Maybe there's a link between XBMC4Gamers and the boxart scrape to display which is broken or something ?
Or main boxart covers are cached somehow ?

Edited by Voljega

I would suggest moving the prblem games in to the root of your Games folder then re run the art installer. Al

so the update to 4gamers 2.0 REQUIRES a complete refresh of all synopsis info as there were changes made to how things worked. Hit the white button and choose refresh all info. Hopefully one of these two things will sort your issue.

If not then try adding the artwork manually either through the installer OR by grabbing the full artwork pack from below, extracting the artwork and FTPing across to the games folders.

The art files are in System/Scripts/Artwork

55 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

If not then try adding the artwork manually either through the installer OR by grabbing the full artwork pack from below, extracting the artwork and FTPing across to the games folders.

The issue is I DO have the _resources folder inside these newest games (like g:\Games\Actionadv\Shrek, pay not attention to _resources_shrek I renamed it like that on my computer not on the console) , and it has 17 files, same as a working one.

resources_shrek.thumb.png.0847e7861783bd7c41761bfa45b5336c.png

and it's mindblowing:
- the banner is showing

- when pressing Y the synopsis is showing with the boxart

- however the main boxart on the main view (in the g:\Games\Actionadv\ folder) is not ?

So clearly the main boxart is cached or determined from somewhere else in XBMC4Gamers ...

IMG_20240114_152311759_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240114_152318548(1).jpg

Edited by Voljega

4 hours ago, Voljega said:

The issue is I DO have the _resources folder inside these newest games (like g:\Games\Actionadv\Shrek, pay not attention to _resources_shrek I renamed it like that on my computer not on the console) , and it has 17 files, same as a working one.

resources_shrek.thumb.png.0847e7861783bd7c41761bfa45b5336c.png

and it's mindblowing:
- the banner is showing

- when pressing Y the synopsis is showing with the boxart

- however the main boxart on the main view (in the g:\Games\Actionadv\ folder) is not ?

So clearly the main boxart is cached or determined from somewhere else in XBMC4Gamers ...

IMG_20240114_152311759_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240114_152318548(1).jpg

White button, refresh all contents info and make sure resources is enabled in the view options menu. 

Edited by Rocky5