OGXbox.com

Questions and Other Stuff

Rocky5

Sort of in conjunction with the previous post, is there a tutorial on how to install the Menu, Homebrew, and Emulator artwork within XBMC4Gamers? I got the main Xbox game artwork running great but when I manually put a homebrew game's artwork files into its folder, I never see the main 3D box image. Running the synopsis allows me to view some of the artwork but the main 3D box image isn't there. Looking at the installed Xbox games artwork, I can't seem to find where the main 3D box image exists for those either. I thought maybe they reside somewhere in UDATA folder on the E:/ drive or in some cache/hidden folder I have yet to discover.

In  short, does anyone have all the  Menu, Homebrew, and Emulator artwork already built for each menu/game/emulator that can be easily downloaded and placed where it goes?

Thanks for any clues as to where this artwork can easily be installed!

On 9/20/2019 at 4:23 PM, malarrya said:

Sort of in conjunction with the previous post, is there a tutorial on how to install the Menu, Homebrew, and Emulator artwork within XBMC4Gamers? I got the main Xbox game artwork running great but when I manually put a homebrew game's artwork files into its folder, I never see the main 3D box image. Running the synopsis allows me to view some of the artwork but the main 3D box image isn't there. Looking at the installed Xbox games artwork, I can't seem to find where the main 3D box image exists for those either. I thought maybe they reside somewhere in UDATA folder on the E:/ drive or in some cache/hidden folder I have yet to discover.

In  short, does anyone have all the  Menu, Homebrew, and Emulator artwork already built for each menu/game/emulator that can be easily downloaded and placed where it goes?

Thanks for any clues as to where this artwork can easily be installed!

documentation for this project is abysmal.  I am getting into this dash for the first time and also having a heck of a time to get everything added after initial dash installation.  Artwork is partially attainable via the built-in URL Downloader script. Unfortunately it does not have all the supported emulators to grab EMUs & Artwork. for.   I tried to watch the setup video, but I could not even hear the dialogue to follow it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi can anyone help me, i had xbmc4gamers setup and it ran perfect but then i switched out my xbox motherboard for a one with 128mb of ram (yes i unlocked the hdd before and locked it after, i also have an xecuter 3 installed) and after that when i switch on my xbox that launches into xbmc4gamers i get to the login screen and try to login and it just takes me to the manage profile section.
i tried clearing the cache and even reinstalling it from scratch and i was able to get it working again but after switching off the console and switching it back on it just redirects me back to the manage profile page again, any help would be appreciated thanks.

Edited by RazorX2018

Thanks for this. I installed it as a dash and love it.

I have enabled auto login because I am not interested in profiles. Is there a way to strip out profiles completely?

I ask mainly because I noticed that when pressing B on the home screen it seems to go through the profile login again.

Also it seems like something that adds a couple seconds to the boot up? No idea, just guessing.

Chris

On 9/24/2019 at 2:20 PM, puntja said:

Can I add more categories to the synopsis files? I tried adding <resolution>480p</resolution to a default.xml file, but it's not shown on the xbox.

I would like to add resolution and aspect ratio information to my games

To add additional tags you'd like to see on the Synopsis page, you have to edit the script that processes the default.xml file.

system / scripts / XBMC4Gamers Extras / Synopsis / default.py

You cannot just add additional tags you want to be included.  The script that processes the default.xml file only looks for a specific set of tags:

<synopsis>
    <title>Advent Rising</title>
    <developer>Demiurge Studios</developer>
    <publisher>Majesco Entertainment</publisher>
    <features_general>Players: 1, Dolby 5.1 Surround</features_general>
    <features_online>Content Download, Friends</features_online>
    <esrb>T</esrb>
    <esrb_descriptors>Blood, Mild Language, Violence</esrb_descriptors>
    <genre>Action-adventure, third-person shooter Action-adventure</genre>
    <release_date>May 31, 2005</release_date>
    <rating>7.8</rating>
    <platform>Xbox</platform>
    <exclusive>No</exclusive>
    <titleid>4D4A0009</titleid>
    <overview>some info would go here</overview>
</synopsis>

There are a few additional alternate tags:  title_alt, rating_alt, titleid_alt and overview_alt.

Source: https://github.com/Rocky5/XBMC4Gamers/tree/2d2a5fa79b783ad0b51a4c50fde08f49024e84b6/Mod Files/system/scripts/XBMC4Gamers Extras/Synopsis

Look at the default.py file at line ~451:

def clear_properties():
    #####    default.xml
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_title','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_title_alt','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_developer','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_publisher','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_features_general','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_features_online','' )    
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_esrb','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_esrb_descriptors','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_genre','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_release_date','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating_alt', '' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_platform','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_exclusive','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_titleid','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_titleid_alt','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_overview','' )
    Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_overview_alt','' )

to add additional tags to be displayed on the text mode Synopsis page. For example, add the following line to read the text of the <resolution></resolution> tags:

Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_resolution','' )

There's more than this section of code to modify to add additional items to the page.  It doesn't display any old set of tags a user adds to the default.xml file.

Look at line ~143 of default.py:

def synopsis_mode_text():
    #####    Read XML & set
    if os.path.isfile( _Resources_Default_xml 😞
        log('|   Found default.xml')
        xbmc.executebuiltin('Skin.Reset(nodefaultxml)')
        Synopsis_XML = open( _Resources_Default_xml, 'r' ).read()
        Output = BeautifulSoup( Synopsis_XML )
        try: # Title
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_title', Output.title.string.replace('&amp;','&') )
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_title_alt', Output.title.string.replace('&amp;','&') )
        except(TypeError, KeyError, AttributeError):
            pass
        try: # Developer
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_developer', Output.developer.string )
            pass
        try: # Publisher
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_publisher', Output.publisher.string )
            pass
        try: # Features General
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_features_general', Output.features_general.string )
            pass
        try: #  Features Online
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_features_online', Output.features_online.string )
            pass
        try: # ESRB Rating
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_esrb', Output.esrb.string )
            pass
        try: # ESRB Descriptors
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_esrb_descriptors', Output.esrb_descriptors.string )
            pass
        try: # Genre
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_genre', Output.genre.string )
            pass
        try: # Release Date
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_release_date', Output.release_date.string )
            pass
        try: # GameRating
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating', Output.rating.string )
            if "0" <= Output.rating.string < "1":
                Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating_alt', "0" )
            if "1" <= Output.rating.string < "2":
                Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating_alt', "1" )
            if "2" <= Output.rating.string < "3":
                Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating_alt', "2" )
            if "3" <= Output.rating.string < "4":
                Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating_alt', "3" )
            if "4" <= Output.rating.string < "5":
                Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating_alt', "4" )
            if "5" <= Output.rating.string < "6":
                Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating_alt', "5" )
            if "6" <= Output.rating.string < "7":
                Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating_alt', "6" )
            if "7" <= Output.rating.string < "8":
                Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating_alt', "7" )
            if "8" <= Output.rating.string < "9":
                Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating_alt', "8" )
            if "9" <= Output.rating.string <= "9.9":
                Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating_alt', "9" )
            if "10" <= Output.rating.string <= "10.9":
                Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_rating_alt', "10" )
            pass
        try: # Platform
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_platform', Output.platform.string )
            pass
        try: # Exclusive
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_exclusive', Output.exclusive.string )
            pass
        try: # Title ID
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_titleid', Output.titleid.string )
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_titleid_alt', Output.titleid.string )
            pass
        try: # Overview
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_overview', Output.overview.string )
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_overview_alt', Output.overview.string )
            pass
    else:
        log('|   No default.xml found')
        xbmc.executebuiltin('Skin.SetBool(nodefaultxml)')
        Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_title','Could not find:' )
        Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_title_alt',GameName )
        Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_developer','' + _Resources_Default_xml )
        Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_titleid_alt','' )
        Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_overview_alt','No synopsis information found.' )

You will need to add another try: section for the resolution tag before the else section of the code.

try: # Resolution
            Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_resolution', Output.resolution.string )
            pass

And, adding a label for the resolution in the code starting at line 493 and printing the labels starting at line 285.  There are 11 unused labels (empty) Synopsis_label_20 - Synopsis_label_30.

For example change the Synopsis_label_20 line to read:

Current_Window.setProperty( 'Synopsis_label_20','Resolution:' )

P.S. The above code additions may not work at all.  I've not look in depth at how the synopsis default.py program works or tried adding the lines I suggested to verify that these changes would work.

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 1:06 AM, Swirlygiver said:

Is there a way to “lock out” changes to skin settings in XBMC4GAMERS?  And/or password protect files and folders?

Ive also been questioning how to add fanart and covers (default.tbn), for games that don’t have them in artwork installer?

Disable edit mode, enter Key code in login screen.

there is no kiosk mode like there is in emustation, I may add this at a later date but above is basically it but super locked down.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 8:33 AM, Chris1991 said:

I have enabled auto login because I am not interested in profiles. Is there a way to strip out profiles completely?

Did you manage to figure this out?

Below was posted on Reddit r/originalxbox

Recently restored/tsop'd a 1.1, all setup and ready to go. Auto login checked, however when booting you see the profile select screen for a fraction of a second, not a big deal but is there a way of removing it?

I have a 1.4 I did years ago, I removed the login screen back then but can't remember how.

I found some old instructions from the man himself...

"Edit Q:\USERDATA\profiles.xml and change line 3 from <useloginscreen>true</useloginscreen> to <useloginscreen>false</useloginscreen>

Now all you need to do is change the skin to Profiles skin & you're done." - Link

But not sure what "Now all you need to do is change the skin to Profiles skin & you're done." means, as I can't see an option to change the skin. Or is this an xml edit?

I'm sure this is simple and I've overlooked something, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by coldmethod

1 hour ago, coldmethod said:

Did you manage to figure this out?

Below was posted on Reddit r/originalxbox

Recently restored/tsop'd a 1.1, all setup and ready to go. Auto login checked, however when booting you see the profile select screen for a fraction of a second, not a big deal but is there a way of removing it?

I have a 1.4 I did years ago, I removed the login screen back then but can't remember how.

I found some old instructions from the man himself...

"Edit Q:\USERDATA\profiles.xml and change line 3 from <useloginscreen>true</useloginscreen> to <useloginscreen>false</useloginscreen>

Now all you need to do is change the skin to Profiles skin & you're done." - Link

But not sure what "Now all you need to do is change the skin to Profiles skin & you're done." means, as I can't see an option to change the skin. Or is this an xml edit?

I'm sure this is simple and I've overlooked something, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

JC replied on reddit.

See here for solution if you have the same issue.

Thanks again JC.

• 1 month later...

A lot of the DLC content is only for multi-player and, I think, in some cases online multi-player only.

So that DLC will only be available if you've selected multi-player option from game's menu. The Halo 2 DLC I assume you are referring too all looks to be multi-player stuff.

Halo 2
Blastacular Pack - new multiplayer maps: Desolation and Tombstone. 9112 blocks
Bonus Map Pack - new multiplayer maps: Containment and Warlock. 5787 blocks
Killtacular Pack - new multiplayer maps: Sanctuary and Turf. 6326 blocks
Maptacular Pack - new multiplayer maps: Backwash, Elongation, Gemini, Relic, and Terminal. 14244 blocks
Capture the Flag: Classic CTF Tank - Bungie favorite gametype. 1 block
Capture the Flag: Covie Gulch - Bungie favorite gametype. 1 block
Slayer: Golden Showers - Bungie favorite gametype. 1 block
Slayer: Peacemakers - Bungie favorite gametype. 1 block
Slayer: Swords No Radar - Bungie favorite gametype. 1 block (also known as Paranoia)
Slayer: Team GoldShowers - Bungie favorite gametype. 1 block
Slayer: Zombies - Bungie favorite gametype. 1 block

Edited by HDShadow

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone. I recently installed Rocky's softmod and XBMC4Gamers and am really loving it so far.

However i cannot seem to download or install the game box art and descriptions.

I installed the dash from the Softmod Extra's disc, installed and updated urldownloader, updated the dash to the most recent version. When I go to the downloads section i can download homebrew, mods, dlc, etc, however themes and artwork both show up blank. Running the Artwork installer script from the skins/scripts section does nothing (i could be misnaming the section, but its the one that has the list of available scripts).

I havent been able to find any information by googling the issue so if anyone could give me an idea of what went wrong or i'm doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

First of all, I want to say once again how much I am enjoying XBMC4gamers. I am just wondering how to play music. I added a source that points to F:\Music, and it shows up as an icon next to all the others (Apps, Games, Homebrew etc.). In F:\Music I placed an album folder, inside which were mp3 tracks. When I click on the Music icon it shows the album, but clicking on that causes the skin to reload, as the mp3s are not seen. If I put the mp3s in F:\music, the same happens. Obviously the system can't detect the music files. is there a way to make this happen, or must I launch the music from file manager? Thanks in advance for any help that I can get.

15 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

Hi, convert the files to .wmv and you should be good to go.

Unfortunately, .wmv did not work, neither did. wma.  wma, wmv and mp3 all play fine if I click on them from within File Manager, but they are not detected if I click on the icon that links to F:\music.  I think there is a fundamental error in my approach, but I can't figure out what it is. I thought maybe I would have to link to the player instead of the music files, but couldn't see how to do that, and didn't know if it would work anyway.

34 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

When you go music can you see the files, if not you need to set a path for xbmc4gamers to look for the files. 
Go to music press the white/clear button on your controller and add source and navigate to your music folder.

When at the main screen, where the Games, Apps, Homebrew etc. icons are, I press the white button and choose Create Source. I browse to F:\Music\, and select it. I name it Music, hit OK, and go back to the main screen. I now have a new icon, named Music. Inside F:\Music there is a folder with an artist's name. I loaded a couple of music files (wmv, wma) inside it, and I also put the same files in the root of F:\Music. When I click on the Music icon, I see the folder with the artist's name, but no music files. When I click on this folder, the skin reloads. I don't see how to make the music files visible, either in the root or in the folder. I even tried making the artist folder a source, but there was no difference.

I am really grateful for your help. Unfortunately I am being dragged away from the project to take my wife to dinner, but if you have more suggestions I will try them when I can. Thanks once again for your assistance.

Colin

• 1 month later...