OGXbox.com

Clock Time Zone After Softmod

johnyept

I installed Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool v1.1.6 on both my v.12 and v1.6. The clock is set to autoset the time /date but it seems to be getting the wrong timezone, and I can't find where to change it. Could it be it needs a different SMTP IP address? I'm on GMT +0 (Lisbon, London).

Edited by johnyept

Thanks for the input. In the meanwhile I was messing around with the NKPatcher and nulled the HDD drive key before backing up the EEPROM and now it boots up to error 05, but I'll start a new topic about that and come back to this one once the HDD is back to working order...

If you are getting error 05, NKPatcher in Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool is broken.  It should not leave the hard drive in an unlocked state.  It should have locked it with the new password generated with the new NULL'd password.

Did it show that there were several different steps being performed when you NULL'd the key?  The last step should have been locking the drive.  You didn't happen to power off the console in the middle of the process, did you?

12 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

The first thing to do after softmodding is to backup the eeprom.bin file to your PC.

Installation of Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool told you several times to make sure you backup the eeprom.bin file once the softmod process was complete. 

Not to do anything else until you did so.

Yes it did say so. I did back up the v1.6 but forgot to backup the v1.3, so it's all on me. But it also serves as a learning curve for playing around with hotswapping :D

22 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Just put mods chips in and give up on the soft mod

Look on eBay the mod chips are cheap

Funny you mention that, because I already have 2 on the way, but they'll take a while to arrive. Meanwhile I decided to mess around with softmodding to learn a little more about both methods.

Setting the Timezone

On the Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool modded console, use the Extras Disc or upload via FTP a copy of the 5960 version of the MS Dashboard files to the root of the C drive.  Use UnleashX's menu to Launch MS Dashboard or the file manager to browse to the C drive and select xboxdash.xbe.  Edit the time zone in the Settings menu.

Update: I forgot to include a link to download the MS Dashboard files or where to get the Extras Disc - go into the current Xbox Softmodding Tool build's subfolder, as of today Build v1.1.6, then into the Extras Disc subfolder.  Download the dot iso file found there and burn this disc image file to DVD-R media.  Boot it in your Xbox.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Setting the Timezone

On the Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool modded console, use the Extras Disc or upload via FTP a copy of the 5960 version of the MS Dashboard files to the root of the C drive.  Use UnleashX's menu to Launch MS Dashboard or the file manager to browse to the C drive and select xboxdash.xbe.  Edit the time zone in the Settings menu.

Update: I forgot to include a link to download the MS Dashboard files or where to get the Extras Disc - go into the current Xbox Softmodding Tool build's subfolder, as of today Build v1.1.6, then into the Extras Disc subfolder.  Download the dot iso file found there and burn this disc image file to DVD-R media.  Boot it in your Xbox.

Thank you for the instructions and the links. I used the FTP method, ran xboxdash.xbe from the File Explorer, changed the timezone in the settings, powered off/on, and I'm back to the softmodded GUI with the correct date/time, so problem solved! I'll do the same in the other console once I fix it, but that's a problem for another topic :)