OGXbox.com

Feedback

Rocky5

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone and thank you Rocky5 for this fabulous work! I love this "skin", especially for previews and synopsis.

I am trying to make a pack for the 1000 games of the XBox and I will need some information:

1) What are the exact dimensions of the images (poster, thumbs, screenshots ...)?

2) Do you have a script to automate a little things like creating thumbs, banner, fanart ...?

3) Same for the default.xml, is there a scrapper to do them?

For now, my pack is 8GB and contains mostly default.tbn (cover front in png), 600 previews, 1000 posters and a few fanart + screenshots. As soon as it is ready, I will post it so that everyone can enjoy it;)

Thank you in advance for your answers and sorry for my bad English, I am French ...

cordially

[EDIT] Adding 900 banners :)

Another question: is it mandatory to create a profile? Because it would be simpler for me to be directly the page of the games rather than to choose a profile. Thank you in advance.

Edited by PsyKos

Images are these dimensions. 

http://i.imgur.com/ht2CTYD.png

banner is 760x160

posters I use this, 339x482 instead ignore the one in image above  

( you could have downloads the synopsis example and seen all these dimensions yourself, it’s why I put it on my github )

as for default.xml it’s all manual I’m afraid. 

Everything is manual :( it’s time consuming. 

I have answered the questions about profiles and such in the XBMC4Xbox forum. ( I have a thread there about this skin/mod ) 

Edited by Rocky5

18 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

Images are these dimensions. 

http://i.imgur.com/ht2CTYD.png

banner is 760x160

posters I use this, 339x482 instead ignore the one in image above  

( you could have downloads the synopsis example and seen all these dimensions yourself, it’s why I put it on my github )

as for default.xml it’s all manual I’m afraid. 

Everything is manual :( it’s time consuming. 

I have answered the questions about profiles and such in the XBMC4Xbox forum. ( I have a thread there about this skin/mod ) 

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have already made good progress on my resource pack and I think I can post it quickly now.

Indeed, for the connection to the profile, I had not seen this post :

Edit the profile.xml in Q:\USERDATA\ and at the top change the "useloginscreen" value from true to false.

Now you will need to change the default skin to the Profiles skin.

I will test it soon and tell you what it is.

Too bad for the "default.xml" ... Manually, this will really take a lot of time ... Maybe it is possible to use the scrapper of EmulationStation in order to have a maximum of information and the "convert" for XBMC4Gamers? I will test on occassion to see.

Thank you again and see you soon.

• 6 months later...

I got a suggestion or two.

1. Make the scrolling of games wrap from A-Z and Z-A.

As it works now to get to games starting on Z you have to go all the way to the right, and that

takes a while when you have 500+ games on the box.

2. Can the Y-position of scrolling games be  adjusted with the Left Thumbstick ?

3. With the new Synopsis how about the possibilty to list/sort games by genre, rating, release date

4. When in Synopsis mode - the ability to go left/right to select other games would be nice.

5.  Update/download resources, movies and synopsis from the internet using the game id would be awesome.

6. Would be nice to see how much space is left on the c: e: f: g: drives.  Doesnt need to be

on the main screen but in the settings menu. But that's only me being used to have it handy.

7. Information on music currently playing on top of screen.

Edited by RoofTop
just because

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Rocky,

Ive been using your iso script for a few games recently and at the moment i have had to rite a list so i know which games are in iso format. Is there anyway of displaying an icon on the game artwork like the trainer icon to show that its an iso game?  Or is there already something in pace and im just missing it?

Edited by nikeymikey

10 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Hi Rocky,

Ive been using your iso script for a few games recently and at the moment i have had to rite a list so i know which games are in iso format. Is there anyway of displaying an icon on the game artwork like the trainer icon to show that its an iso game?  Or is there already something in pace and im just missing it?

No, each XISO is placed into a folder with (ISO) at the end. Unfortunately there is no voidable cue as there can’t be and I won’t edit the games xbe title to add (ISO), no point. 

10 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

You can see this in settings by going to the file manager, it is displayed there.

Press the black button and it will tell you. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Rocky 5 and thank you for your mod XBMC4Gamers who is just awesome!

Here is a light pack (3.7 Go) of 1026 MP4 preview videos of 30 seconds if you want to integrate it into your Pack "Xbox Artwork Master": https://1fichier.com/?czplkqanyba59qlqq6ny

Not all videos are perfect, but they are all present and perfectly compatible XBMC4Gamers;)

And thanks again for your work :)

Edited by Champ71

• 1 year later...
On 9/23/2020 at 4:55 PM, prtscn said:

Hello,

i think scroll bar is too thin, it's not easy visible in some areas.

possible to make DLC checker, because would be convenient, instead of scrolling through stock MS dash. XBMC save manager won't show installed. DLC.

Some areas they are used to indicate more than 1 page of content. (They aren’t selectable)

DLC, checker is a bit more complicated. But leave it with me. Can’t make any promises. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Rocky5

Thank you for a awesome job with XBMC4Gamers.

A small thing or me been picky on the latest build

I have noticed that the controller ports are numbered 0 to 3 in the software but on the case they are 1 to 4.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.