OGXbox.com

Bugs

Rocky5

• 1 year later...

Hi @Rocky5,

I love your work... Amazing stuff.  I'm attempting to add N64 using EarthwormJames rom set.  I have found his most recent set here: http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=86626#p86626

After I download Surreal64CE B6.0 from your Downloads section, I copy over the Roms from the above link.  I then go to Carousel > Other Settings > Update Selected Systems > N64 and get the error:

"Surreal.ini is corrupt or not formatted correctly.  Please recopy EarthWomrsJames N64 files over"

I've tried redownloading the emulator.  I've also tried copying over the emulator from the link above (posted by EarthwormJames) but neither of the surreal.ini files work; I get the same error.

Please let me know if there is a solution!  Thanks again!

surreal.ini

Edited by dizM0nkey

6 hours ago, dizM0nkey said:

Hi @Rocky5,

I love your work... Amazing stuff.  I'm attempting to add N64 using EarthwormJames rom set.  I have found his most recent set here: http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=86626#p86626

After I download Surreal64CE B6.0 from your Downloads section, I copy over the Roms from the above link.  I then go to Carousel > Other Settings > Update Selected Systems > N64 and get the error:

"Surreal.ini is corrupt or not formatted correctly.  Please recopy EarthWomrsJames N64 files over"

I've tried redownloading the emulator.  I've also tried copying over the emulator from the link above (posted by EarthwormJames) but neither of the surreal.ini files work; I get the same error.

Please let me know if there is a solution!  Thanks again!

surreal.ini

You will need to edit the surreal.ini and add 4 lines ( enter 4 times ) after the first comments= line.

the next update to emustation will has this fixed, as it was hard coded to look on line 20. The new version just scans the file for what I need. 

• Like 3

On 12/9/2018 at 5:17 PM, Rocky5 said:

You will need to edit the surreal.ini and add 4 lines ( enter 4 times ) after the first comments= line.

the next update to emustation will has this fixed, as it was hard coded to look on line 20. The new version just scans the file for what I need. 

Thanks so much, @Rocky5 ... your work is spectacular.  Much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't call this a bug as it was my fault, I just thought I'd share how the program reacted in case it may be adjusted to avoid the issue happening in the future.  I was adding some Amiga roms but I wasn't paying attention and added one named Twilight1.1.adf which when updating the console crashed the dashboard and required a power cycle to recover.  When the dashboard reloaded it had reverted to the original default settings with no games listed and could not even download updates or anything.  I had to wipe all the dashboard files, replace them with fresh copies, and then update it.  Everything is back to normal now.  I know the problem was the rom file had an extra period in the name and that caused the crash, I knew better but I missed it when I was transferring the files.  I just wasn't expecting the crash to take out the entire dashboard.  Again, I don't blame any of this on you, your work is amazing.  You have breathed new life into a classic system.

• 2 months later...

Im getting what i think is a bug. N64 roms refuse to launch. They worked when initially set up. Then i added thousands of other roms etc. Was doing favourites list, tried to launch an n64 rom, wouldnt launch. (earthwormjms set), just got black screen.
So i thought ah maybe this box does need 80wire ide after all. Installed 80wire, no change. So i deleted and re ftp'd across all n64 stuff. Re d/l sureal from url downloader, kept getting md5 mismatch.   
Eventually i ran cache formatter, then it downloaded and launched mario 64. I igr'd back to emustation, then they no longer launch again  :( 

Ive got this all set up on my other box fine. I just dont get it

ok to update my previous post, i can run surreal outside of emustation after deleting the emustation version of surreal, but the ini file stil points to xbmc emusation rom directory. So yeah theres something weird going on. Xbmc emusation is changing the sureal ini even if its not in the emustation directory. That surely isnt right.

So as it stands i can run surreal outside xbmc emustation but not from within it ::/

5 hours ago, SparkThaMetal said:

ok to update my previous post, i can run surreal outside of emustation after deleting the emustation version of surreal, but the ini file stil points to xbmc emusation rom directory. So yeah theres something weird going on. Xbmc emusation is changing the sureal ini even if its not in the emustation directory. That surely isnt right.

So as it stands i can run surreal outside xbmc emustation but not from within it ::/

Surreal stores it’s path in a folder in TDATA, remove said folder to fix your issue.

E:\\TDATA\\64ce64ce

Edited by Rocky5

• 4 weeks later...

So I edited surreal.ini Like you said, and that got rid of the "corrupt surreal.ini" message for me, but now when I scan for n64 roms it says, "error: script failed! :create_rom_lists.py". I tried deleting the E:\\TDATA\\64ce64ce folder as well at no avail. If I select the nintendo 64 emulator from emustation, it gives me a black screen, but if I press Y hovering on it, and then select yes to launch emulator menu, I can get into the surreal 64 emulator. I guess its not a big deal, if I just have to press a different button, but it would be nice to see the games in the same format as other emulators :D

• 1 month later...

Hi @Rocky5,

I have run into an issue with Favorites in XBMC-Emustation on three of my Xboxs. I go through the process of adding a game to favorites and receive the confirmation that the game has been added. The favorites banner displays the number of games added but when I go into the favorites list I just get a blank screen. I have tried deleting the favourites.xml file as well as the favourites.backup file but this doesn't resolve the issue. Do you have any ideas what might be causing this? 

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

3 hours ago, psnap777 said:

Hi @Rocky5,

I have run into an issue with Favorites in XBMC-Emustation on three of my Xboxs. I go through the process of adding a game to favorites and receive the confirmation that the game has been added. The favorites banner displays the number of games added but when I go into the favorites list I just get a blank screen. I have tried deleting the favourites.xml file as well as the favourites.backup file but this doesn't resolve the issue. Do you have any ideas what might be causing this? 

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

What game and can you add it to favourites again and then send me the xbmc.log please. 

14 hours ago, psnap777 said:

Hi Rocky,

I tried to add Beamrider and Centipede (Atari 2600). Attached is the file you requested.

xbmc.log 10.01 kB · 1 download

Thank you, thought there is nothing in that log that shows it’s errored or there is an issue. 

Can you send me to the roms please and instructions on what your doing exactly please. (Do it via PM)

• 3 weeks later...

Im having an issue with my crt where it says its normal 4:3, the frontend is fine, but when I enter a game it has black bars on the side and everything is squished in the middle, i'm thinking it might be the resolution of 720x480 (taking that from video information) that's causing it, but i dont know any way to adjust it. Any help would be appreciated, I honestly have no idea what to do here.

1 hour ago, simonwinter03 said:

Im having an issue with my crt where it says its normal 4:3, the frontend is fine, but when I enter a game it has black bars on the side and everything is squished in the middle, i'm thinking it might be the resolution of 720x480 (taking that from video information) that's causing it, but i dont know any way to adjust it. Any help would be appreciated, I honestly have no idea what to do here.

Nevermind, I figured it out, it was just in the emulator configurations.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this would be considered a bug but maybe it's something that isn't working as it's supposed to. XBMC-Emustation is not my default dashboard; UnleashX is. When running any ROM from XBMC-Emustation, if the game launches fine, upon exit (the first time) the Xbox returns to XBMC-Emustation (Wonderful!). On any subsequent game launched then exited, the Xbox returns to the UnleashX dashboard. I know this can possibly be fixed by making XBMC-Emustation the default dash but, for now, while I am still setting up a new hard drive, I wanted to keep UnleashX as the default. No big deal but I thought I would mention it. Thanks for all your hard work!

• 4 months later...

Hi guys

im pretty new to this modding stuff, so please be patient lol. Im getting an issue loading the N64 emulator, downloaded directly via the downloader.

i installed the EWJ 212 rom pack and emustation can see the roms fine 

when I load a n64 rom the screen goes black and it restarts the dash (default.xbe).

I even put a stand alone copy of surreal (contained within the EWJ pack) and get the exact same issue even outside of emustation.

im confused as hell and have no clue what’s going on. Any help much appreciated. 

Thanks 

Edited by danselbob
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 3:28 AM, phreakwenci said:

I'm getting a script error when I'm specifically scanning for roms on n64. I have selected both yes and no and still get the same result which is script failed!:create_rom_lists.py

Update to the test build, use EJ212 rom set and download the emulator of the downloader. Then scan. 

• 4 months later...
On 12/10/2018 at 1:17 AM, Rocky5 said:

having the same trouble, found the first         comments=                           how should it look typed out, (first time modder)