OGXbox.com

Forcing Anti Aliasing In XBox Games?

So yes, there is my question. Could there be a way to force AA (Antialising) into Xbox games?

Here is the thing, I finally got my Xbox working with an amazingly good component cable, and now everything looks so sharp that it became a jaggy mess to my eyes. But there is one game (that I know of, there must be more) that uses AA, that is Beyond Good and Evil, it uses a very effective AA, so much so that even my CRT looks better (tons better).

Could there be a way to implement this? I mean I truly believe the Xbox would be more than capable. Beyond Good and Evil runs like utter crap, with very bad framerate on the PS2, and with less effects, lower resolution and no anti aliasing to speak of! And the Xbox version not only runs at a better resolution, it also has more effects, better textures, runs rock solid and on top of that has super smooth AA (which at the time was very GPU demanding).

So that's why I know this could be possible for Xbox games, at least at 480i/480p, but how to implement such a thing, would be the hard part!

Let me know guys if there's anything like this! Maybe something like this already exist? Cheers to all ;)

Edited by Hector Hidalgo

Im sure the flicker filter and can't remind the other switch, which has 5 positions - in the XBMC dashboard, both have effect on games too. So when you turn both OFF, games like Halo 2 look sharper, that much so you can see some texture details, which looked washed.

Edited by neighbor

7 hours ago, neighbor said:

Im sure the flicker filter and can't remind the other switch, which has 5 positions - in the XBMC dashboard, both have effect on games too. So when you turn both OFF, games like Halo 2 look sharper, that much so you can see some texture details, which looked washed.

Really? I use Unleash because it has a bigger interface for my CRT TV. But I will try what you say! What XBMC do you refer to though XBMC4GAMERS? Or standard XBMC?

Thank you neighbor! My best regards

15 hours ago, Hector Hidalgo said:

Really? I use Unleash because it has a bigger interface for my CRT TV. But I will try what you say! What XBMC do you refer to though XBMC4GAMERS? Or standard XBMC?

Thank you neighbor! My best regards

tried that on standard XBMC, the difference is very noticeable on a HDTV through component.

14 hours ago, neighbor said:

tried that on standard XBMC, the difference is very noticeable on a HDTV through component.

Yes it works! But actually I was trying to find a filter. With both XBMC4gamers or the application called FlickerFucker you can actually get rid of most of the filter!

Now my image looks even sharper! Is great but I would only use it on a HDTV, on my CRT the standard flicker filter inherent to the Xbox is preferable, because it stops the flickering from the interlaced 480i image, so you want it ON (that is the 5 filter option).

For 480p or more, I highly recommend lowering the filter to 2, 1 or even 0. As progressive outputs don't suffer from the flickering of 480i.

Cheers!