OGXbox.com

Duo X2 Gs Modchip Stuffed Up

vacatedboat

5 volt on the D0 wire with chip disconected ??

When I tested the 1st box that was a version 1.1 I can't put my hands on a 1.4 box just yet but a version 1.6 D0 tested 3.3 volt on the D0 wire.

If I get a chance later today I will have a look for a ver 1.4 in the stack of boxes and test the D0 wire.

You now have to think how much time you want to spend on it.

I f it was a customers by now I would Flash the TSOP slip in a new drive, load a dash of there choice and give it back.

If it was mine i would put it aside for a couple of days like I did witha version 1.6 I was fitting a chip to and it would not boot of the chip 2 days later I looked at it and found I had mucked up the LPC rebuild.

Its mine. I think I will tsop it as I have already done tge necessary solde bridges. The 5 volts measured will holding the modchip in my hand with D0 connected to MB on bootup. I cant measue voltage with the chip in place as its upside down. Unless the pads on the back are also d0?

I cleaned up the duo x2 thoroughly and give that one more go. Otherwise tsop it is. There is already a 160gig drive in and I want to proserve what already on games etc.

S S Dave you were right on the money. I went away and did 3 tsops on xboxs and all worked perfect. My last Xbox has an old xecutor 2 modchip (my very first console). So I replaced it with duo X2 modchip soldered the D0 wire and it fired up 5 out of 5 times😀. I now plan to reflash the other bank as you suggested. That should also mean the Aladdin x2plus I bought cheap should also work. I might eventually use it. 

Thanks again