OGXbox.com

Startup Hanging After Dash Mess Up

DJK

Hi! New to the scene, tsop and softmodded, everything was going fine till I switched my dash to xbmc4gamers and FTP was soooo slow. So I tried updating to the latest dash and was dumb and tried FTP the xbmc4gamers flies while on the xbmc4gamers dashboard. Messed some things up, so popped in my evo tools dvd and file managed around to delete the xbmc4gamers dash folder, and reinstalled the stock ms dashboard. Now whenever I try to start my Xbox the opening animation starts, however it just keeps cycling :/ any ideas? I want to use the stock dashboard (or whatever has fastest ftp) then later make it look nice with a good front end. But right now I can’t even boot up into a dashboard. Please help!

nick

1 hour ago, DJK said:

Hi! New to the scene, tsop and softmodded, everything was going fine till I switched my dash to xbmc4gamers and FTP was soooo slow. So I tried updating to the latest dash and was dumb and tried FTP the xbmc4gamers flies while on the xbmc4gamers dashboard. Messed some things up, so popped in my evo tools dvd and file managed around to delete the xbmc4gamers dash folder, and reinstalled the stock ms dashboard. Now whenever I try to start my Xbox the opening animation starts, however it just keeps cycling :/ any ideas? I want to use the stock dashboard (or whatever has fastest ftp) then later make it look nice with a good front end. But right now I can’t even boot up into a dashboard. Please help!

nick

Stock dash does not have FTP!! You should make sure you are using FlashFXP as your ftp program on your pc. Well at least not Filezilla anyway, personally FlashFXP and UnleashX are my go to FTP combo. 

Can you boot from a disc? Maybe try a Slayers disc or a similar installer disc to reinstall another dash in the same place as your XBMC was?

23 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

Stock dash does not have FTP!! You should make sure you are using FlashFXP as your ftp program on your pc. Well at least not Filezilla anyway, personally FlashFXP and UnleashX are my go to FTP combo. 

Can you boot from a disc? Maybe try a Slayers disc or a similar installer disc to reinstall another dash in the same place as your XBMC was?

Yea I can boot from disc still, I’ll try slayers disc and I didn’t think to install in the same drive as Xbmc. I’ll do that and report back shortly! I’ve been using FileZilla but I’ll switch, also how would I go about hopping between dashboards? You said you have a specific dash just used for ftp, how does that work?

Thanks! 

Edited by DJK
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Yup slayer did me right! Installed to the same partition and made it the default dash all in slayers disc. Didn’t realize you could have multiple dashes as applications and hop between them. Thanks for the help!