OGXbox.com

Nice Score I Had Today.

nikeymikey

IMG_8956.thumb.jpg.9376e75adb27e3e729039114ced07848.jpg

Just picked up the above this morning, 10 xbox's. And yes that top one still has the original MS polythene on it so im gonna say thats brand new and unused!!!

Gonna go through them all and clean them up before getting them modded and re-sold.  Will open each one up and read the eeprom and null the key as I have a bunch of hdds (ripped from Sky boxes) with nulled keys and Rockys softmod installer on them ready to go. 

It looks as though none of them have ever been hardmodded as all but one have never been opened, I may come across some existing softmods tho i guess. 

I have a good supplier for power cables, but will need to source some AV/Component cables along with some 80 wire ide cables. I already have a few sata2ide adapters sitting here but will probably need a couple more.

If anyone has any links to 80 wire ide cables that are long enough to do the job (i had some before that barely reached) then please let me know and also a good supplier of reliable av/component cables too :)

• Like 3

Quick update for those that are interested :)

All have been tested and all work except the one that seems to be brand new, that doesn't power up at all. I will crack it open soon and see if i can see why. A few have sticky drives and one refused to read any discs at all. 

Only one has been previously modded. Has a blue X on bootup and no flubber anim, also has xecuter 2 at the bottom of the screen. No visible signs of a modchip tho so i believe its a tsop mod. I will open it and check for certain tho. 

Most of the controllers i recevied also work, a couple of 3rd party ones have sticky analogue sticks but i think a good clean will sort them out. I have 1 dead duke due to broken cables. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally had some time to get started on these so far have completed one :) 

Tsop'd with Ind Bios 5003, new 8-wire ide cable, 500gb Sata drive and an IDE2Sata adapter. Fully loaded XBMC Emustation setup and running well.

I also have found 1 that seems to have had a bad tsop flash so thats the next thing i will be attempting to fix!!

1 minute ago, crushingyourhead said:

Very cool. Put some up on the "For Sale" section when you're finished :)

I May well do just that, I will probably do a mixture of TSOP and Aladdin chips for the rest. I already have a bunch of chips sitting here ready to go. Just got to wait for my shipment of IDE2Sata adapters to arrive from America :)

4 Boxes all done now, Stripped and cleaned, Tsop'd with iND Bios 2003, 500gb sata, 8- wire cable & sata2ide adapter, fresh thermal paste and a new dvd belt :)

I have one with a bad tsop flash, and one with an error 21 :( got an aladdin xblast on order with @M0RPH10U5 to help fix the tsop and will fix the error 21 by dumping the eeprom with my rPi, nulling the key and writing the eeprom back, then i have a hdd ready to drop in. 

4 more to inspect and get through.... :) 

1 hour ago, nikeymikey said:

4 Boxes all done now, Stripped and cleaned, Tsop'd with iND Bios 2003, 500gb sata, 8- wire cable & sata2ide adapter, fresh thermal paste and a new dvd belt :)

I have one with a bad tsop flash, and one with an error 21 :( got an aladdin xblast on order with @M0RPH10U5 to help fix the tsop and will fix the error 21 by dumping the eeprom with my rPi, nulling the key and writing the eeprom back, then i have a hdd ready to drop in. 

4 more to inspect and get through.... :) 

1MB flash chips came in today while I was at work, Still waiting for UPS to drop the Aladdin chips off. After which I should have one ready for you.

Just now, M0RPH10U5 said:

You can if one of the banks is flashed with tsop_m7. I speak from experience. Though you have to ground d0 and a15 to do it, and you need something like hexen in the disc drive to boot to.

sure, but that's not anything special with the xblast aladdin, any modchip will work, and the timing when removing the grounds is very difficult to pull off

2 hours ago, Kekule said:

sure, but that's not anything special with the xblast aladdin, any modchip will work, and the timing when removing the grounds is very difficult to pull off

I only have x3s installed in my personal xboxs. Dont want to risk damaging them :) Plus it will be cool to have an xblast chip :) Ill keeptrying the timing until i get it :P

2 hours ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

I've done it on 3 different 1.4 boards, all successfully. No issues if you follow the guide I posted in the downloads, assuming you can see it.

Good news :) Check your paypal by the way :)

1 hour ago, Kekule said:

nope, cant see that link

Me neither!!

Had some bad luck today with another of these boxes. Had a previous tsop flash with iND bios 5003 67, tried to reflash it with iND bios 5004 67. Burnt the hexen 2018 updated iso, ran the disc, went to the flash men for NON winbond, chose the bios, evx started to erase the tsop...... then bang, it just froze about 3/4 of the way through the erase. No way of backing out to the menu to start flashing again, left it for abut 20mins, no change. 

Had to bite the bullet and power down. Now the box just frags because of a corrupt tsop flash! Bastard!

@M0RPH10U5 Cant wait for that Xblast Aladdin to get here so i can get the now 2 fucked up tsop boxes fixed.

Edited by nikeymikey

lol, yeah, should definitely help, especially if you fallow the guide i posted in the downloads section. there is no real "timing" to it, just that when the leds start flashing remove D0 from ground, then when the strangely colored x logo appears, remove a15 from ground. just keep in mind Hexen or similar recovery disc needs to be in the drive when booting with tsop_m7. it will boot from the bios on the chip, but allow flashing of the tsop.