OGXbox.com

Could This Be an Original 360 Component Cable?

So yes, guys that is my question, please help me here. I am trying to buy an original component xbox 360 cable, to then build an Xbox component cable (using a tutorial from the forum). I live in south america and buying internationally is not an option (2 to 3 months of wait).

Could this be an original 360 component cable? Don't laugh if is not, it looks kinda of in bad shape, but it has a similarity to my composite cables for the OG Xbox. It the ONLY one I have found in my entire country (seller SAYS it's original):

cable-componente-audio-video-x-box-360-f

cable-video-box-360-D_NQ_NP_969586-MLC29

box-360-cable-video-D_NQ_NP_969641-MLC29

Edited by Hector Hidalgo

This is really incredible, Modern Vintage Gamer said in one of his videos that you would be better off using the original Xbox composite cables than a cheap component. I am using the standard microsoft composite cables now, and it does look better!

This had NEVER happened to me before with any console, no matter how bad the component cable is, it always looks better than the composite one. Not in this case. I cannot wait to have a "good" component for the Xbox, it must look amazing.

Edited by Hector Hidalgo

13 minutes ago, abazz009 said:

yeah those cheap component cables for the OG Xbox look terrible, then the monster cables were pretty expensive, which is what inspired me to make my own.

cheap component cables on the PS2 look better than composite, in case you have one of those as well

Exactly! Cheap component cables look better than composite on the PS2, they have some noise in the signal but apart from that they look good. Not with the Xbox it seems. And my reason from building my cable is mostly because I simply cannot find any cable good enough to buy, even if I had the money, it does not exist.

Cheers and thanks for the feedback!

In one of my setup's I have a eBay compent lead going to the Reciver which upscales to HDMI then via a 10mtr HDMI lead to a Samsung 55inch tv with no noticable degeration of picture quality. It could be a really Dud lead

This is a genuine Xbox plugIMG_20190815_103755.jpg.f89280c60fba5bbb79ca20650609a1b8.jpg

The 360 plugs also has Microsoft stamped in it.

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

In one of my setup's I have a eBay compent lead going to the Reciver which upscales to HDMI then via a 10mtr HDMI lead to a Samsung 55inch tv with no noticable degeration of picture quality. It could be a really Dud lead 

This is a genuine Xbox plugIMG_20190815_103755.jpg.f89280c60fba5bbb79ca20650609a1b8.jpg

The 360 plugs also has Microsoft stamped in it.

Yes I have the Xbox plug, which I will take from my original composite cable. Also what you are describing is more a digital signal, but it is different in my case because I am using a CRT with component inputs. Any noise or bad quality in the cable is perceivable right away!

Sometimes LCD HD TV's can be forgiving and they simply won't transmit much noise whatsover, they work or they don't. But on a CRT that is never the case.

I will not buy from that seller anymore in fact I bought this cable (picture he sent me through Whatsapp) :):

The only "not fake" component cable in my entire country!

IMG-20190814-WA0004.jpg

Edited by Hector Hidalgo

Good luck on your project.  Take your time and would recommend de-constructing things non-destructively as possible (unsolder instead of cut ~ at least the 360 cable which you want to re-use).  Done properly you can re-use the optical out and housing (with some filing).

Once you get the 360 housing open you can push the connector out; remove the hot-glue like stuff and unsolder the wires.  I used two different tip sizes, one for the ground wires and a smaller one for everything else.

AVIP_PINOUT_white.png

LaterBoard_Header.png

20190602_213704.jpg

20190603_210457.jpg

25 minutes ago, junkman77 said:

Good luck on your project.  Take your time and would recommend de-constructing things non-destructively as possible (unsolder instead of cut ~ at least the 360 cable which you want to re-use).  Done properly you can re-use the optical out and housing (with some filing).

Once you get the 360 housing open you can push the connector out; remove the hot-glue like stuff and unsolder the wires.  I used two different tip sizes, one for the ground wires and a smaller one for everything else.

You mean that I can use the external gray plastic housing and only replace the connector pins? Does it fit? Because the tutorial I saw you use the original composite black plastic housing together the with the internal pins of course.

I hope you can understand my question. Thank you very much for those pictures! I just have one chance to do this right, so it very welcomed, thank you ;)

It takes a lot of work, but it can be done with patience.  You have to cut the OGXbox metal housing down (I used a dremel cutoff tool) to be a length that can be soldered to the base piece.  Difficult to explain, but it can be done as  you can see from the pictures the parts need to be cut up to and re-joined.  Before you disassemble the OGXbox component cable, I would recommend scribing (marking) the exact length.  Take a screwdriver or sharp edge and mark where the plastic is on the metal so you know how much metal you need to cut. You might be able to see the mark on 20190603_210457.jpc picture.20190530_213729.thumb.jpg.1186e843f74dd76471d70b9242f9aeac.jpg

20190530_185130.thumb.jpg.9876a1cfa5a231d039adf1588cf0ede5.jpg

20190603_210457.jpg