OGXbox.com

XBox Overclocking Tutorial

Spackie21

Well, you can flash your TSOP with it as long as you have solderd the 2 TSOP points. How ever, you know that if something went wrong with these OC bioses, for example bad MCPX or GPU which didn't like the OC at all, you end up with a nice looking brick?

How ever it's a 1.0 so you could flash the TSOP with a 4x256KB (1MB) bios and after that splitt the TSOP (2x512kb) and flash one bank with the OC bios to have a fall back. How ever I highly suggest to get a modchip to use OC bioses. And if you go for a cheap chip you should also consider to buy a cheap USB flasher for it. Or buy a OpenXenium/XeniumICE/XBlastLite.

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2022 at 6:17 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

What modchip do try to flash and can flash a untouched non modded bios to it?

As I wrote this, I did not know yet that without a chip it is impossible to flash the OC bios !!
But such a question because I flashed the bios on the console with x-changer it showed 754.xxMHZ today I changed the hard drive and the console shows me a 733.xx mhz processor? does it mean that when changing the disk, I have to upload the bios to the x-changer again?

20 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

It isn't impossible. It's a bios like any other bios. The point not flashing a OC bios to a TSOP until you know for sure that the bios work is, that you can break your xbox in round about 10 seconds. 

And no, changing the HDD can't change anything in the bios. 

I understand the topic tsop is finished I will not play it, it's a pity for the console 🙂 sweetdarkdestiny if I understand correctly that having xbox 1.1 with this x-changer I have a choice of flash A: (256kb) and B: (512kb) can I upload a bios like this or such ? or only 256kb? I'm asking because I can't find it and I don't want to play around unnecessarily

You can flash any bios you like to any of these banks of this modchip. How ever if you like to flash the 512kb bank you can expand your 256kb to 512kb.

Copy this to a new text file:

@echo off
copy /b bios.bin+bios.bin bios.512kb.bin

Then save it and rename the text file to "512kb.bat" for exmple. Drag and drop your bios on this .bat file and you will get a 512kb bios.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You can flash any bios you like to any of these banks of this modchip. How ever if you like to flash the 512kb bank you can expand your 256kb to 512kb.

Copy this to a new text file:

@echo off
copy /b bios.bin+bios.bin bios.512kb.bin

Then save it and rename the text file to "512kb.bat" for exmple. Drag and drop your bios on this .bat file and you will get a 512kb bios.

Cool thanks 😃

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, xgekox said:

Does anyone have a valid link to an overclocked bios? 

the one at the beginning of the post is unfortunately no longer reachable. 

A thousand thanks

I would start patching with XBoverclock and trying each step with your console as you go, but here is a UDMA 6 Cerbios (Startech SATA) at 778MHZ to get you started. Be careful and make sure you want to flash before you do.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c7hiaW4mZnE2pRo0JfYtN6DKiIMsmiNH/view?usp=drive_link

If you're on UDMA 2 (IDE), here is the same file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nLiqlvBRVl7fswEW3BT8dDYE_SpHH87B/view?usp=sharing