OGXbox.com

XBox Overclocking Tutorial

Spackie21

54 minutes ago, devnul said:

Hi

Intresting, is there already some homebrew what requires this or where would you notice difference if overclocked? Is it "safe" with any version of xbox?

I dont think that some homebrew actually requires to overclock or run a Trusty system, it gives better performance in homebrew as the CPU and GPU are running faster than a stock system such as Quake III Arena, it went from 20fps with 6 bots in skirmish but once I overclocked both GPU and CPU it manages to actually hit almost close to 60fps with a few stutters to 20fps when there is alot of action going on.

Onto "Safe", its safe if you overclock within the realm of possibility, theres no way you can achieve 300mhz on the GPU without a modded cooling system such as a set of Iceberq Pro 4's or a 1.0 cooler on the GPU, as I have seen someone with a 1.0 system achieve 315mhz on GPU clock, the CPU clock speed limit is 850mhz from my experience as I have tried increasing FSB speeds but im still hard locked at 850mhz, could be due to a CPU limit or a FSB limit but who knows :)

2 hours ago, devnul said:

Hi

Yes, makes sense, thanks!

So if during the boot i see EvoX red logo and Slayers 2.7 watermark, ill should be good to go?

You should be good to go if it isnt causing boot hang and looping audio, to make sure it works fine run a video in 1080i and if the xbox doesnt crash your good to go

15 hours ago, suwuj12 said:

@Spackie21

Is it necessary to flash to a modchip? 

What is the repercussion if I flash directly to my tsop?

if any

thank you in advance! 

If you flash directly to the TSOP rather than a modchip, you could end up with an unbootable console if the clock speeds are too high! You'd then have to either physically desolder the TSOP to reflash it externally and then solder it back on (very difficult depending on your equipment), or permanently rely on a modchip to get your console working again. Aladdin XT modchips are dirt cheap right now and the flashrom chip socketed thus easily removable from the Aladdin board, allowing you to plug it into an external USB EEPROM programmer to flash a working BIOS image to it. I've done this a fair few times whilst testing for the highest possible clock speeds and ending up with either a frozen boot animation or a black screen when getting too eager.

14 hours ago, suwuj12 said:

I'm typing my file directory correctly, I don't know what's going on 😅

It sounds like you've got spaces in your directory path, you'll need to type inverted commas around it if it has spaces in it. It's easier if you browse to the folder with the xboverclock program and bios file in it, then copy the path from the address bar. Then open the command window and type:
cd "
Right click the command window to do a paste. Then type another " . The inverted commas will ensure that this will still work even if your directory has spaces in it. Press enter. Then you should be able to type xboverclock and whatever else you need to do.

On 8/12/2019 at 7:06 AM, devnul said:

Hi

Yes, makes sense, thanks!

So if during the boot i see EvoX red logo and Slayers 2.7 watermark, ill should be good to go?

Be very careful jumping the gun here. Some games are more demanding than others. Playing a 1080i video is part of a good test, followed by a session of Halo 2. I have found that sometimes I *think* I have a stable overclock, only to then load into Halo 2 and end up with the system freezing after around 20 minutes of play (sometimes during heavy combat and the feedback motors in my controller stay rumbling non stop until I turn the Xbox off!). Anyway, good luck! I suggest you read over the thread "theoretical GPU overclock" from this post onwards. There are quite a few times I've answered similar questions.

Edited by samspin

• 2 years later...

Hello, can anyone help me, I have tried many times and nothing !! I get this message every time and I don't know how to solve it, I'm broken.

PS C:\XBOverclock> xboverclock -nv 240 -fsb 140 -o OCbios.bin bios.bin
xboverclock : The term 'xboverclock' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable prog
ram. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ xboverclock -nv 240 -fsb 140 -o OCbios.bin bios.bin
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (xboverclock:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command xboverclock was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: ".\xboverclock". See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.
PS C:\XBOverclock>

Like I wrote it's an EvoX m8+ without extras.

Here is the same as F+G version : https://1fichier.com/?bn9yttqb5vucz6vpxlih

It will boot

1. C:\evoxdash.xbe
  2. E:\evoxdash.xbe
  3. C:\xboxdash.xbe

It will support HDD's up to 2TB and no it didn't support 128MB of ram because IDK if these both patches are work well togher. And since you can't even patch your own bios, I'm not going to patch that combination *sry*.

• Thanks 1

And what should I do so that I can overclock the bios myself if I can't !! a few posts above I posted what pops up? do you use "sweetdarkdestiny" some special editor "cmd"? ew you have uploaded something to windows 10 any programs? of course, thank you for these ready-made bios files, but I would like to convert the same bios that will handle 128mb of ram and 2TB disks 😅

I use cmd.exe like you can see in the screnn above. 

I'm pretty sure that TITAN and OC will not work toghter. You would need to unpack the evox kernel patch that one with titan and repack the bios. After that patching the OC values. 

But TITAN has different offsets as evox so it will 99,9999 % not work.

So your best chance it to ask gaasedelen if he could look at it and make it compatible. But I would bet that the answer is no. 

• Thanks 1

I understand ok, although I used the IND-BIOS 5003 bios for OC, I am currently using it with a 2TB disk and Origins fully loaded 2tb, bios evox caused errors and the disk did not see G: and IND 5003 sees correctly, after all, I will check how and if this bios works with oh, I am happy with the little success which I have achieved today after a long struggle, thank you 😃