OGXbox.com

640x200 120hz On Ebay Hdmi Adapter

flux_no

Hello,

So i revived my V1.0 PAL Xbox (TSOP modded with evox m8 bios) and ordered an HDMI adapter on ebay, hoping to get better resolution in the menues and games that support it.

i bought this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Link-Cable-for-Original-Xbox-System-No-Mod-Required-HDMI-Converter-Line-HDMI-Q/254235287449

Ive used the hexen dvd to activate the 480p,720p and 1080i in the MS dashboard.

but when i start the system my projector freaks out and states that it first recieves a 480i signal, then a 640x200 120hz(!) signal. Any clue to what this could be?

i'm running through a onkyo tx-nr626 av reciever and a optoma 200hd projector. the onkyo just denies passing the 640x200 signal trough. if i connect the projector directly to the hdmi adapter i get a very strange image(probably just the 640x200 data overlapped)

I can change to the normal composite cable without any issues in 480i trough the reciever and projector with 1080p upscaling.

Hi flux_no

Sorry to say but I got one of those HDMI adaptors from aliexpress and I think it's a piece of crap the vidieo signal is all-ways swapping 480,720 50hz,60hz ect tested on 3 diferant Xbox's. So in the junk box it when't. The pound version was ok but had the occasional frezing/glitching on one of my Xbox's and with a bit of reading showed that a version 1.4 I think had some issues.

If you can send it back and get a refund do it or get one of the Wii2hdmi adaptors and use the Xbox Avip plug and lead from it and make your own.

Cheers

SS Dave