OGXbox.com

Lifted Traces? Red and Green Flashing Led.

elbastardson

34 minutes ago, elbastardson said:

Any suggestion as to where to find one?  In my search I see a bunch of 10k resistors but all the ones I see are =/-5%.

That will work.

Shops around here won't sell 1 the smallest pack is 8 and sells for whopping 0.55c

You only need the small wattage 1/8 watt or less type but what ever you can get will work.

What country are you in?

SS Dave

• Like 1

I have been working in electronics for 30 plus years and soldering a resitor 1mm X 0.5mm with the right soldering iron is asking for more trouble.

I would also recomend you get some solder flux paste you will only need a very small amount like this

https://www.radioshack.com/products/caig-rosin-soldering-flux-syringe-8g

That amount will be more than you nead.

Solder wise some thing like this.

https://www.radioshack.com/products/rosin-core-solder-2-5-oz 

Some of this is also handy to have to remove excess solder it listed as sold out but try some ware else.

https://www.radioshack.com/products/desoldering-braid

I will do some picks later with how to fix it.

Any more questions don't be afraid to ask.

SS Dave

• Like 1

All right  don't shoot me down in flames this is done this ruff and ready way because not every one is proficient in soldering.

1st prep your resistor and wire. You will notice that I have singled out 2 strands from the hookup wire.  Pre tin the wire strands and the leads of the resistor (tinning means apply a small amount of solder to the ends).657335145_resistor1.jpg.16b8a0d887d5a5f1028499be3340ecfa.jpg

2nd Solder the strands to the resistor. Then trim the strands to about 8mm(approx 5/16)

1723181210_resistor2.jpg.f55ab4f33d71dd0e50d4a6d879f90f39.jpg

3rd Now apply flux to the points you want to solder to and tin them.

133741036_resistor3.jpg.825c16cbbac54554c75f9f27be9c98d4.jpg

4th Now you can solder the strands to the pre tinned pads on the board.

1089904753_resistor6.thumb.jpg.5df6f1b9a6064fb0e55dcdabdd7c4140.jpg

You should notice that I have linked from R7D2 to R7D3 with one of the leads getting ready for the TSOP Flash.

Yes the resistor is still on this board just pretend it's not there as I will undo work this later it's just to show you.

Also while your at it add a link R7R3 on the bottom.

Make sure that the leads are lifted up from the board a bee's dick(miniscule amount)so's not to short to any thing else.

As this is the top of the PCB you can now test the Xbox to ensure that it now boots corectly.

If all is good apply a drop of super glue or hotmelt glue to the resistor only not the solder joints. That way if need be you can still resolder the joints. It is ok for the resistor body to be glued to the board.

I have suggested this method to try and not cause any more damage to the board.

I hope this helps and if there is any thing your not sure about just ask.

Please let me know how you get on with the repair.

If your game after you have repaired the board and it's working post a pic of your work.

And if you find this helpfull click on the like tab.   🧡

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

Yes, Dave is awesome.  He's been super helpful.

And a little update,  I'm still waiting on the resistors to arrive,  but I decided to try my luck with the 1.1 I also have.  But instead of trying to solder it,  I bought one of those conductive ink pens from Amazon.  Got it on the first try.  Flashed my bios and I plan on ordering a bigger SATA hard drive.   I have the IDE to SATA converter already and once I have the bigger hard drive I can start loading it up.