OGXbox.com

Looking for Pictures of Modchips

Hey guys i am looking for pictures of all of these modchips along with guides to install them really any info on all modchips 

Xecuter:

X3 original model
X3CE early production
X3CE later production
X2.6 lite
X2.6 CE early production
X2.6 CE later production
X2.3b lite
X2.3b lite+
X2.3b PRO
X2.2 lite+
X2.2 PRO
X2.1 lite
X2 lite
X2 PRO
X1
Xenium

Xenium Blue
Xenium ICE
Xenium 24k Gold
Xenium 1.0-1.5
Xenium 1.6
Aladdin

Aladdin Advance
Aladdin EX
Aladdin Extreme
Aladdin LIVE
Aladdin LIVE Plus
Aladdin SUPER LIVE
Aladdin Xeno FX
Aladdin Xshadow
Aladdin XT+
Aladdin XT +4032
Aladdin XT 4064
Aladdin XT Plus2 (a +4032 with a pin header)
Mini Aladdin
Xenochip
Xenochip Lite
Xenochip Pro
Xenochip XS
SmartXX

SmartXX V1
SmartXX V2
SmartXX V2 Halloween edition
SmartXX V3
SmartXX LT OPX (1MB)
SmartXX LT OPX SE (2MB)
Duo

Duo X3
Duo X2 white version
Duo X2 Blue version
Duo X2 GS white version
DuoX
AppleX

AppleX Pro
AppleX V
AppleX VI
AppleX VI Pro
AppleX VII
X-elixis

X-elixis Basic
X-elixis Pro
X-elixis Plus
X-tasis

X-tasis Basic
X-tasis Pro
X-tasis Plus
Chameleon

Chameleon 1.0
Chameleon 1.3
Chameleon 1.5
Chameleon 1.8
Other cheapmod chips:

Cyclone
Ozxchip 1.2
Ozxchip 1.3
Xkiller
Lpcmod
RodMod
Aladdin-Universal / Xecutioner
ALX2+
ChipStation
Apple-X2
Tightmod
Other

X-Changer 2.5
Spider GX
Matrix
Xodus
X-BIT 1.0
X-BIT 1.5
X-Chip
X-Lite
Xtrmod 1.3 beta
X-Cutor
Dia-X-ecuter
SmartBox Pro
Pandora1
Pandora2
MessiahX
TitanX
MuppetX
PC-BioXX
OpenXbox
NitroXX
Akira
SpiderChip 1.0
SpiderChip 1.1
Enigmah
Xtender
XIOS / Devilmod
RegionFree
X-DU (Pro)

• 10 months later...

Hi Xbmcmodsforxbox,

I am new here but while looking for info on my mod chip i found this site (https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fhtmh.de%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Fthread%2F1697-mod-chips-aktuell%2F) after SS_Dave pointed me in the right direction about my mod chip. 

It was in German but i did a quick google page translation to sort it out, it has some specs and pics.

• 4 months later...

I'm not sure why it's listed as an Aladdin XShadow since it is actually a clone of the MuppetX modchip but only has 1-512KB BIOS bank instead of 2.  Note the missing bank select switch on the XShadow.  And, an SST49LF004B flash memory chip on the XShadow versus an SST49LF080A on the MuppetX modchip.

Muppet-X bottom side (image cropped from source to reduce size to show only the modchip):

1178165147_Muppet-X2.png.8b47996687356e26b484fa253f2292a3.png

Source Image available at: https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3397

Muppet-X Modchip Top / Component Side:

xs3_b.thumb.jpg.64f624d929e68688de78f8aec2aae9a2.jpg

Another photo of the bottom side of the Muppetx from xbox-scene.com:

xs4_b.jpg.8e606b6fcea71cc0c2a1022e5099dceb.jpg

Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20060522115014/http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips/muppetx_pictures.html

• Like 1

Interesting - found this detailing the MuppetX specs.

https://www.xbox-hq.com/html/article1692.html

It suggests it can be flashed in two ways: under the Restore Function via a disc if using bank 1 and a via a socket. How does the latter work?

I ask because the guy who has  XShadow chip, without the switch, is or was having problems flashing it.

BTW how do you know the XShadow is 1 x512K and not 2 x 256K. Is it simply because the MuppetX has a bank switcher and the spec published is that it is

2 x512K rather than 4 x256K? Or is there something in the chip specs that tells you how its split or not split?

Just interested for informational purposes as I'm completely ignorant about flash chips. I've looked up those two and all it says in the datasheet (that I can understand) is the one used on the MuppetX  is 1024K and the XShadow is 512K.

6 hours ago, HDShadow said:

BTW how do you know the XShadow is 1 x512K and not 2 x 256K. Is it simply because the MuppetX has a bank switcher and the spec published is that it is

2 x512K rather than 4 x256K? Or is there something in the chip specs that tells you how its split or not split?

Just interested for informational purposes as I'm completely ignorant about flash chips. I've looked up those two and all it says in the datasheet (that I can understand) is the one used on the MuppetX  is 1024K and the XShadow is 512K.

My educated guess that the 512KB flash of the Xshadow modchip is not split into smaller sized 256KB banks.  Based upon these findings:

1. The MuppetX specifications states that it has two (2) 512KB banks using a 1MB flash memory chip - the SST49LF080A.
  2. The MuppetX modchip has a bank selection switch.
  3. The Xshadow uses a 512KB (4Mbit) flash memory chip - the SST49LF004B.
  4. There is no bank selection switch on the Xshadow modchip even though the pads to install one are present.
  5. There is no, as least that I know of so far, Xshadow OS (BIOS) to control the chip to split the 512KB flash into two (2) 256KB banks.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HDShadow said:

Interesting - found this detailing the MuppetX specs.

https://www.xbox-hq.com/html/article1692.html

It suggests it can be flashed in two ways: under the Restore Function via a disc if using bank 1 and a via a socket. How does the latter work?

I believe the article at xbox-hq.com is a bit misleading. 

The MuppetX modchip is preflashed with two different BIOSes:

1. A Cromwell or FlashBIOS 3.0.x MS code free BIOS (Bank 1) and
  2. Evox M8 (LBA48-06/IGR) (Bank 0 or 2 not sure of the numbering.  I've not found any information on the MuppetX that states which position the switch on it selects bank 1.)

The Cromwell/FlashBIOS BIOS is used to perform the stated:

• Restore Function: Select the Switch to Bank1 when power on the Xbox than insert the CDRW or DVDR for 1Mbyte bios file. Then it can easily be flashed with the flash file!

When you boot a modchip's bank with FlashBIOS, it ejects the DVD tray waiting for a BIOS disc to be loaded into the tray to reflash a different modified Xbox BIOS to the modchip.  The FlashBIOS is used for legal reason - no Microsoft code used in it.  However, it cannot be used to play games or other Xbox homebrew apps. 

What's the second flashing method?

Evoxdash can be used to flash the modchip. Details on this operation are not completely known either.  Does it require a 1MB dot bin file with 2 BIOSes concatenated together. 

For a 512KB bank, you either fill it with a 512KB BIOS (e.g., X2 5035) or place two copies of a 256KB BIOS to fill it. And, double that up to fill the entire 1MB.  Seems like the MuppetX requires a 1MB dot bin file to be flashed to the chip.  You cannot flash each 512KB bank separately.  But, have to create a 1MB file to flash it.

• Like 1