OGXbox.com

XBox Freezes During Gameplay

C64MidRezzie

• 4 weeks later...

May be a bad hard drive.  Most, if not all, games cache data to the hard drive to play.  If the console has problems reading data from the hard drive, the game may freeze.  Replace the hard drive. The console needs to be modded to obtain a copy of the eeprom.bin backup or read the configuration EEPROM with a Raspberry PI and PiPROM software or a PC with 9-pin serial port and an Xbox EEPROM reader using PonyProg software so you can build a new locked hard drive for the Xbox using XboxHDM.

XboxHDM v1.9 or 2.2a if the PC has an IDE port.  XboxHDM23USB Beta 2 no the PC has not native IDE port but you need a USB-to-HDD interface adapter to attache the new HDD to the PC to prep it for the Xbox.

10 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Or put in a mod chip and don't worry about reading the eeprom and tring to buidling a new drive just stick a new drive in and load up your prefered install disk then your good to go.

That's another option. :)

Now that I've softmodded a few systems, I always think of ways to repair a softmodded Xbox instead of installing a modchip.  Although my main console has a modchip installed, not a softmod. 😃

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

That's another option. :)

Now that I've softmodded a few systems, I always think of ways to repair a softmodded Xbox instead of installing a modchip.  Although my main console has a modchip installed, not a softmod. 😃

To be honest I have never done a softmod.  I do have a OEM drive here that I unlocked with a softmod on it with the intention to have a look at it one day,.

I have found flashing the TSOP or fitting a chip so easy is childs play thats why it's my preferance,  Been working with electronics for 40+ years.

I see at least 33% of the help requests are my softmod  this and that more fuel for the anti softmod for me.

Cheers

SS Dave