OGXbox.com

I Want To Remove Larger Hard Drive and Restore Original Hard Drive - Any Ideas?

C64MidRezzie

I recently got a green xbox and want to sell my old black xbox.  I want to remove the 500GB sotmodded hard drive and replace it with the original 8GB.  I know how to do that but I want to be able to use the 500GB drive in my Green xbox - how do I do this?  I don't mind formatting the 500GB drive and starting afresh.  I have an IDE PC if that's any use.

Any help greatly appreciated

Unlock both Drives I never relock them. But I don't use softmod's 

Unlock the 500 gig and put it aside then when you fitt in the other box it should work If the 8 gig is going in the from the xbox it came from just put it back in and it will fireup and should be good to go.

SS Dave

Upload the eeprom.bin backup file from the other Xbox to the current console's Y:\ folder. Use Chimp 261812 to unlock the 500GB drive using the motheboard's data then in the slave menu locking options use the Y:\eeprom.bin file to lock the hard drive for the other console.  

Remove the 500GB (SLAVE) connected hard drive and install it as MASTER in the other console.

Error 06 - hard drive cannot be unlocked. 

From XBOX Error Codes Explained- Go Here First!

6 - kernel - Cannot unlock HDD

If you understand the above, you should be able to understand what this means. It means you are trying to boot up the xbox with an harddisk that is locked in combination with ANOTHER motherboard than you are using it with right now.

What can i do about it, you ask? Well place the harddisk back in the xbox where it came from. After that, UNLOCK the harddisk with the same procedure i explained above (see error 5). Now when the harddisk is UNLOCKED, put it in the xbox which gave you the error. Now when you boot up with the chip ON it should not give you an error anymore.

However when you put the xbox on with the chip OFF your xbox will give you an error. (error 5) So to make sure you can boot original and boot with the chip ON. Next do the same as above: "Boot up your xbox with the chip on. Preferrably with a slayer evo-x cd. Now you choose "Eeprom management." Than you choose: "Lock hdd." It takes one second. After its ready it should say something like "Done"
When it is ready just turn off your xbox. Disable your chip and try to boot original. Now there should be no more error.

The wrong HDDKey was used to lock the hard drive for the Xbox you are trying to instsall it in.