OGXbox.com

I Desperately Need a Pal XBox Psu, Could Anyone Sell?

Hector Hidalgo

Hello guys,

I am talking to you from the end of the world, I live in the south of Chile, very near the antartic (yes it's cold). So... here is the thing, I recently got an original Xbox, controllers came dead, DVD drive didn't work, well nothing worked really :) hahahahha

Nevermind, I fixed all of those issues, it didn't even came with screws! I bought new screws, a new IDE cable, I also fix the DVD. SO everything is working now! And I am waiting for my original Xbox controller on the mail.

But there is one thing I cannot fix, the Power supply. In here we use 220v, but the Xbox I bought is an American Xbox 1.6 version (110v). I did not buy a PAL Xbox because we are NTSC 60hz! (ironic).

Thing is, I search the entire Ebay, Amazon, everything, and I could NOT find anywhere to buy a European PSU for the Xbox. So... I come to you guys, you are my last hope in this world, if anyone has or knows someone who has a PAL PSU for the original XBOX, I would thank you forever.

These are the models that exist for the 1.6 PAL XBOX:

Delta DPSN-96DP-1

or

Samsung (Tuscany) PSCD101301B

Those are the only two models in existence, if someone could sell one to me, or even better, giveaway, I would be more than happy.

No matter, please help me guys, I love this console so much, because I loved the 360 also.

Waiting for any feedback,

Hector Hidalgo aka Nacho el Kid.

I am uploading a picture of one of the PSU's I am looking for (Samsung).

DJK2s.jpg

so you got a v1.6 xbox with a 110V psu but you need a 220V psu, correct ?

i could offer a trade. i don't have a 220v psu for a 1.6 but for 1.2-1.4 (not sure atm but it's not v1.6) and I have the motherboard to it as well.

so if you send me your 1.6 110v psu and board I'll send you a v1.2-4 mobo with the matching 220v psu.

let me know what you think about it.

7 minutes ago, NoobInDistress said:

so you got a v1.6 xbox with a 110V psu but you need a 220V psu, correct ?

i could offer a trade. i don't have a 220v psu for a 1.6 but for 1.2-1.4 (not sure atm but it's not v1.6) and I have the motherboard to it as well.

so if you send me your 1.6 110v psu and board I'll send you a v1.2-4 mobo with the matching 220v psu.

let me know what you think about it.

Mmm, I would but it takes too long for that kind of trade. The best is to find someone who sells one of the PSU's I'm looking for. After getting a PAL PSU for my Xbox I would have no problem giving away my PSU for free.

Cheers and thanks anyways for your feedback, my regards and all the best luck in everything! Cheers :)

i hear you but my offer still is up in case you don't find a 220 psu.

i would part with my psu but it won't be of any help since it's not suitable for a v1.6.

on the other hand who said that you need to send your board and psu the day i send mine?

buying one on AE or ebay and shipping it to you will take as long as sending my stuff to you.

up to you ;)

it's a 1.1 tsopped board with 220v psu

Edited by NoobInDistress
update
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, NoobInDistress said:

i hear you but my offer still is up in case you don't find a 220 psu.

i would part with my psu but it won't be of any help since it's not suitable for a v1.6.

on the other hand who said that you need to send your board and psu the day i send mine?

buying one on AE or ebay and shipping it to you will take as long as sending my stuff to you.

up to you ;)

it's a 1.1 tsopped board with 220v psu

Ah I understand. Then I will wait a few weeks and if I can't still find anything, I will PM you regarding this trade offer ;)

Take care and all the good luck Noobindistress,

Hector Hidalgo.

15 minutes ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

Mod a pc psu to work with your xbox. No need to wait for orders,making deals and your xbox will even run cooler(small gain,since you already have low ambient temperature :D)

Man I would do it gladly! But I haven't found any schematics or tutorials on how to do that! If you know of any, please lead me in the right direction!

Good luck in everything and like I said if you have any info or links to tutorials, etc, please share! Cheers!

You said you have a 1.6 xbox so here's what you ll do. You will cut the xbox's psu wires in half so that you have the plug in your hands. Next cut the pc psu wires near the plug(so that they are long enough to reach inside the xbox). Next connect the PC psu black wires to the XBOX psu plug black wires,then the PC psu red wires to the XBOX psu plug red and orange wires,then the PC psu yellow wires to the XBOX psu plug yellow wires and then the PC psu orange wires to the XBOX psu plug blue and white wires. Finally from the PC psu,take the green wire and a black wire and put a switch between them(when you turn ON the switch,the psu will power up)

TIP:When you want to power up the xbox,turn on the psu first,then press the power button on the xbox

ÎÏοÏέλεÏμα εικÏÎ½Î±Ï Î³Î¹Î± xbox 1.6 psu diagram

3 minutes ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

You said you have a 1.6 xbox so here's what you ll do. You will cut the xbox's psu wires in half so that you have the plug in your hands. Next cut the pc psu wires near the plug(so that they are long enough to reach inside the xbox). Next connect the PC psu black wires to the XBOX psu plug black wires,then the PC psu red wires to the XBOX psu plug red and orange wires,then the PC psu yellow wires to the XBOX psu plug yellow wires and then the PC psu orange wires to the XBOX psu plug blue and white wires. Finally from the PC psu,take the green wire and a black wire and put a switch between them(when you turn ON the switch,the psu will power up)

TIP:When you want to power up the xbox,turn on the psu first,then press the power button on the xbox

ÎÏοÏέλεÏμα εικÏÎ½Î±Ï Î³Î¹Î± xbox 1.6 psu diagram

The only way I see this posible is by getting a SFF (small for factor) PSU and stick that inside the Xbox. Doing this seems a bit of a disservice, because it requires having an extrenal PC PSU outside the Xbox and that would be a mess.

Or maybe I understood wrong? Thank you Sakis, I apreciate this though, I really do apreciate your time to explain to me how to do this.

3 minutes ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

Yes you need to have the psu outside the xbox and i would also reccomend you doint it that way,since the psu will be cooler(since it disipates the heat directly to the air and not inside the xbox) and for that reasson,the xbox will also be cooler. My pleasure my friend,i wish i can halp you as much as you need

Now that you put THAT way, it seems appealing ;)  But first I will check, it seems like N64 Freak might sell me the PSU I am looking for! If that doesn't work out, then I will certainly try this mod.

Cheers and good luck in everything.

11 hours ago, Mindaugas Petronis said:

you could have just bought a pal xbox, and then used enigmah videomode switch disk, which switches from pal to ntsc eeprom.

the psu doesn't determine the video output signal but the bios does.

in this case he was referring to 220V psu as many countries (in Europe all i think) use PAL and in conjunction with 220-240 Volt for the psu

11 hours ago, Mindaugas Petronis said:

you could have just bought a pal xbox, and then used enigmah videomode switch disk, which switches from pal to ntsc eeprom.

You are right, but I did not know you could do that! No matter I think N64 Freak is going to sell me a PAL PSU. When he has got the time of course, but he is willing, a great guy it seems! Cheers to all, and thank you all for the feedback ;)

On 8/2/2019 at 6:33 AM, SS_Dave said:

The power supply has nothing to do with PAL/NTSC it's only that it's 220/250 volt as aposed to 110 volt and to suit a version 1.6 mother board.

SS Dave

if you haven't read this thread carefully, he lives in argentina, where tv standart is ntsc but sockets output 220 volts instead of 110, and he needed ntsc xbox. all ntsc xboxes are meant for america, which means they all have 110 volt psu, unless you replace it. he also said that he could have just bought a pal xbox and it would have 220 volt psu built in, but it has pal standart instead of ntsc and he could have had saved some money by buying pal xbox and then using that app to switch from pal to ntsc.

7 hours ago, Mindaugas Petronis said:

if you haven't read this thread carefully, he lives in argentina, where tv standart is ntsc but sockets output 220 volts instead of 110, and he needed ntsc xbox. all ntsc xboxes are meant for america, which means they all have 110 volt psu, unless you replace it. he also said that he could have just bought a pal xbox and it would have 220 volt psu built in, but it has pal standart instead of ntsc and he could have had saved some money by buying pal xbox and then using that app to switch from pal to ntsc.

Mindaugas Petronis YES I have read the it!

The PSU( Power Supply Unit) is the smaller board to the side that converts either 110 volt AC or 220 volt AC to the required DC voltages the xbox requires to operate. He also has the Xbox working put the problem is the power converter that converts from 110volts AC to 220volts AC  makes too much noise that why he want to change it.

So what he is looking for is this to suit his Xbox verison 1.6

IMG_20190805_073159.jpg.959d9db35ac4480b3268feea5317ca8b.jpg

Would you care to explain this Xbox power supply then.

681755504_Smallerpsu.png.a2110ffeb94211c32bbf3900bbf128be.png 144588440_psuswitch.jpg.8c457a86e0f8b9db700a9e0c7176ae77.jpg

This one has a input select switch for 110-120 and 220-260 so it could be sold world wide as a replacement power supply. so it would work on US,JAP,AUS,EURO and anywhere else that hap Xbox's.

In his 1st post he has a picture of what he wants and that item has nothing to do with NTSC or PAL only the input voltage.

I see you are just getting your post count up to download something.

SS Dave

27 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Mindaugas Petronis YES I have read the it!

The PSU( Power Supply Unit) is the smaller board to the side that converts either 110 volt AC or 220 volt AC to the required DC voltages the xbox requires to operate. He also has the Xbox working put the problem is the power converter that converts from 110volts AC to 220volts AC  makes too much noise that why he want to change it.

So what he is looking for is this to suit his Xbox verison 1.6

IMG_20190805_073159.jpg.959d9db35ac4480b3268feea5317ca8b.jpg

Would you care to explain this Xbox power supply then.

681755504_Smallerpsu.png.a2110ffeb94211c32bbf3900bbf128be.png 144588440_psuswitch.jpg.8c457a86e0f8b9db700a9e0c7176ae77.jpg

This one has a input select switch for 110-120 and 220-260 so it could be sold world wide as a replacement power supply. so it would work on US,JAP,AUS,EURO and anywhere else that hap Xbox's.

In his 1st post he has a picture of what he wants and that item has nothing to do with NTSC or PAL only the input voltage.

I see you are just getting your post count up to download something.

SS Dave

Hehehe actually I am from Chile (he said Argentina hehe), but yes the 220v standard is the same in both regions. But don't sweat it SS Dave, it is just a misunderstanding from his part probably, and he also wants to make posts to download something! I agree with that!

But let's leave this post as FIXED because N64 freak sold me a PAL PSU already! He will send it soon ;)

But I have to say I am QUITE intrigued by that universal PSU you are showing SS Dave, it does not seem to be a cheap chinese piece of crap! It seems better quality than those!

Cheers to all and thanks for all the feedback guys.

Edited by Hector Hidalgo

Yes the power supply is a universal one that suits version 1 to 1.5 only. It was in a Xbox I got cheap as the box had a dud hard disk.

While it works the interferance on my HF radio is horrendous when it's in use it's even worse than a CHEAP switch mode wall wart style  power supply and some of them are bad. I mean up to 7 S piont's of background noise.

And yes i know he was getting his post count up to download somthing.

Cheers

SS Dave

5 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes the power supply is a universal one that suits version 1 to 1.5 only. It was in a Xbox I got cheap as the box had a dud hard disk.

While it works the interferance on my HF radio is horrendous when it's in use it's even worse than a CHEAP switch mode wall wart style  power supply and some of them are bad. I mean up to 7 S piont's of background noise.

And yes i know he was getting his post count up to download somthing.

Cheers

SS Dave

I could only understand half of what you said, but I am clear that the PSU is kinda crappy then :P wouln't be better than my "step down converter" that sounds like an electromagnetic radiation checker from chernobyl 😂

Well, that is why I also tried my best getting an original european PSU. Just waiting for N64 freak to ship it when he finds the time! Cheers SS Dave.

Edited by Hector Hidalgo

Hi Hector

I am also a ham radio orerator and that power supply generates interferance on the frequencies I use there by drowing out the stations I am trying to hear..

Would be better than the transformer but it's not version 1.6 conpatable and it proberly interfear with any AM radios in the house as well.

It's a cheap after market unit as there is no brand name on it.

I purchased a upgraded mother board (CPU and Ram) from N64 as well as his HDMI output kits 2 differant transactions and both times he packed the items very well. Just give him some time you will get it.

I really should get around to doing something with the motherboard one day plans for that one are a stand up arcade machine for the pool room.

Cheers 

Dave

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

Hi Hector

I am also a ham radio orerator and that power supply generates interferance on the frequencies I use there by drowing out the stations I am trying to hear..

Would be better than the transformer but it's not version 1.6 conpatable and it proberly interfear with any AM radios in the house as well.

It's a cheap after market unit as there is no brand name on it.

I purchased a upgraded mother board (CPU and Ram) from N64 as well as his HDMI output kits 2 differant transactions and both times he packed the items very well. Just give him some time you will get it.

I really should get around to doing something with the motherboard one day plans for that one are a stand up arcade machine for the pool room.

Cheers 

Dave

Amateur radio operator, just learn it today, it sounds awesome. My grandfather here in Chile back in the 50''s or something used to listen to the queen of England live through his small radio :) here in Chile! I don't know how radio signals work, but I believe it was a "magical" thing back then! He used to tune in british stations to listen to classical music hehehhe

My regards SS Dave and that pool room sounds great, I am sensing you probably also have a pinball machine in there ;)

Cheers,

Hector Hidalgo.

Yes it has 3/4 size Pool table, Pinball machine ,Xbox on small tv in the corner and a poker machine that needs a lot of work to get going that will be a one day job. and toasty warm with a wood fire. Today it's what locals call cold currently 9 degrees celsius with tonight set for -3 degrees.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1