OGXbox.com

Cannot See Game Synopsis/Preview Videos

XC-3730C

There isn't a lot of information about your install. Did you use the prebuilt xbmc4gamers from the GitHub or did you build it yourself with the batch tools? Also did you have an old version of xbmc4gamers and merge the new into the old one? Did you merge this into xbmc4xbox? Is it just a folder on E called xbmc4gamers?. The reason I ask all this is I am very sure it's a problem with something you did while installing as this is all tested a lot. 

• 4 months later...

I ran into an issue viewing the preview video when I enabled 1080i resolution. Maybe you're using 1080i too? My guess is there was just not enough ram on my 64M Xbox.

I doubt it's related to the rest of your synopsis issue, but maybe there's a non-zero chance it could help you.

Edited by CorpusDeal

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 2:50 AM, CorpusDeal said:

I ran into an issue viewing the preview video when I enabled 1080i resolution. Maybe you're using 1080i too? My guess is there was just not enough ram on my 64M Xbox.

I doubt it's related to the rest of your synopsis issue, but maybe there's a non-zero chance it could help you.

You don't ever enable 1080i with xbmc4gamers. The dash is extremely finely balanced by Rocky5 between the artwork eating ram and the performance. He tweaked the xbmc source to release ram efficiently. 1080i is a huge ram hog for allowing you to play about 5 games in 1080i. The matrix, a baseball game, a few motocross games and maybe one other. So it isn't a big loss at all.The dash will usually crash due to running of ram while extracting the artwork also because of 1080i. Install the ms dash from the download menu within the dash, boot it and disable 1080i. Only enable 480p and 720p and you will have no issues.

If you want to see this happening enable debug logging and see it run out of ram at the top of your screen. I am sure a 128mb ram upgrade will allow you to use 1080i. I have this and still don't enable it.

Edited by Cian Cunningham