OGXbox.com

Installing 2tb Drive In XBox

TotalMoop

in fact I had read it and I am deceiving myself that it works .. in fact I have already written 650 gb of games and no problem, but I believe that as you say after 1 tb of data there are problems for which it is useless to continue to upload data. I need to update the bios. If you have help, I'll give you all the information to update the bios. I have read that if I'm wrong bios I can damage the xbox. the first sure information is that I have the xecuter 2 mod chip I have it at the beginning of the screen..today I give you other data on the bios .. because I have read that it is important to know if the bios is from 256, 512 or 1 mb. By now I bought the 2 tb hard disk and I have to use it. thanks again it served us.

Never heard of a BIOS damaging an Xbox.  It may not boot and will be a bit difficult to flash a different BIOS without having another modded Xbox to fix things or external programmer; but, damage - I don't think so.

The kernel version number is what you need to find.  Which kernel/BIOS version is installed?

Xecuter Rox My Box, etc. on the startup under the big X logo doesn't mean you have an X2 modchip installed.  It means you have flashed to and are booting an X2 BIOS from whatever modchip is installed.  

The HeXEn 2018 disc has the latest BIOSes with the correct LBA48 patches installed for use with XBPartition v1.3.

I tried to insert the disk of hexxen 2019 and only to try I entered the section tsop flashed / chipped tools, then I chose 3.2 modchip / tsop (not winbo ..) after it copied something to the xbox hard disk I believe the tool for the flash and then I get to a screen, but I don't know what to select 256 or 512 kb and then I don't know what kind of bios. I don't know if this is the way to go anyway?

IMG_20191122_090034.jpg

IMG_20191122_090508.jpg

I tried to insert the disk of hexxen 2019 and only to try I entered the section tsop flashed / chipped tools, then I chose 3.2 modchip / tsop (not winbo ..) after it copied something to the xbox hard disk I believe the tool for the flash and then I get to a screen, but I don't know what to select 256 or 512 kb and then I don't know what kind of bios. I don't know if this is the way to go anyway?

If choice 3.3 i have this screen:

IMG_20191122_091703.jpg

The BIOS currently on the modchip is X2 4979.06, with the MD5 hash of 56be0f0146d1a69c0f1e6fa9a9558394 as seen in the first picture - the output of Bios Checker v5.0.

You can see this Kernel/BIOS number in the UnleashX System Info page as the Kernel Version value = 1.0.4979.6.

The modchip you have uses the SST 49LF020 (256KByte) flash memory chip.  You can therefore only use a 256KB BIOS.

Any of those listed for the v1.0-1.5 using F and G will work.  However, all you have written to the F drive will be lost.  Not that it really matters as once 1TB of data is written to the F drive any more will written will corrupt files already present making them or other directories disappear.

You have many options that will work:

1. iND-BiOS 5003.67 - Option 3.2.1
  2. iND-BiOS 5004.67 - Option 3.2.3
  3. X2 4981.67 - Option 3.2.5
  4. Evox M8+ (F and G) - Option 3.2.7.

Update: HeXEn 2019 menu options stated above corrected for the SST 49LF020 (256KB BIOS for v1.0-1.5).

The iND-BiOSes have a configuration file stored on the hard drive and take a bit longer to boot as the hard drive has to be ready and readable before the BIOS can finish booting/loading to a replacement dashboard.  But, configuration changes are easier, no flashing of the BIOS required to make changes, not that changes will be needed.

I'm not sure of HeXEn 2019's Evox M8+ LBA48 and DVD drive check settings. Similar options will be available with HeXEn 2018 instead of 2019.

With 2019, I'd suggest trying iND-BiOS 5004.67 and running XBPartitioner v1.3 to repartition the two (2) extended partitions 6 and 7 each to be 927.78GB in size and using 64KB clusters.  Reboot and rerun XBPartitioner v1.3 to make sure that both the F and G (extended partitions 6 and 7 are using 64KB clusters).

Start uploading all the files to F and G again.

Sorry you are correct.  If you have an SST flash chip you should use the 3.2.x options not 3.3.x  (THe reason I mentioned those 3.3.x options were for the BIOS version they were going to be flashing to the modchip.)

From your set of pictures, I thought the 3.3.1-3.3.8 were for the SST chip, not Winbond or Sharp.

Update: The 3.2 menu option will definitely work for your mochip.

However, I think 3.3 will work as well since your modchip has a 256KB flash memory chip and does not require the BIOS files to be resized (duplicated) to fill the chip.

• 4 weeks later...