OGXbox.com

Trying To Identify the Mod On My Xbox

flux_no

Hello,

I have a V 1.0 Xbox that i bought modded back in 2003. around 2004 i updated the harddrive to a larger, and i did an update with Slayers disk(v2.4?)

I cannot seem to be able to identify how the xbox was modded initialy. i have a "unknown" bios version. i cannot see a installed modchip. and rocky5 softmod disk does not give me any options to update the softmod.

Would it seem that this could be an tsop fixed unit? from what i can remember, i do not think the unit was opened, so im unsure it its a tsop or softmod.

Didnt find any clear traces of soldering. the bridges was not present. so i soldered them to be able to update the bios.

i backup the disk, updated the bios, and reinstalled the drive, as it was full of old crap that was very inorganiced(strange how one become more organized 15years later)

now the system is on 5003 bios, and unleashx, uploading back the old games and saves to the disk.

nice to get this old rellic revived after sitting unused in storage for this many years.

yes, i removed the supercap. it had leaked, but no corrosion. i cleaned it with pcb cleaner(Kontakt PCC spray if someones wondering)

main motivation for doing all this is to get the system up to a 2019 level so i can utilize guides and other information online thats more up to date and available.