eustachy1973

Damaged X3 Ce Chip?

I think I damaged the X3 CE chip programmatically. I wanted to upgrade. I found the X3 Flash program. Cleaning, programming and suspension. I've restarted xbox and now I can not flash any bank. I have a backup for luck. But I do not know what to do next...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well the back up bios is working which is a good start. Have you definitely erased banks 1-8? Try loading X3 config live by holding the white button on boot up, try it with 1,2 on 3,4 off then 1,3,4 off 2 on.

what methods of loading bios from flashbios have you tried? Try the write protect in both directions.

try installing an earlier version of the X3 bios and make sure it is the right version for your box.

Edited by Ging3rguy

unknown flash, halting! means the flash memory chip is write protected.  It cannot be reflashed while write protected.

The first two bytes the flashing software obtains when reading the chip id - manufacturer ID and product ID are 0x09 and 0x00 (the first two bytes of the BIOS) not the chip's ID bytes.

Before I made this unfortunate flash upgrade, everything worked without a problem before. The chip will act as if it was blocked, and all protections are off.
I tried flash hdd and http, unfortunately blocking.

When you posted you had a backup did you mean a backup chip or that you could load the backup bios? If you have a 2nd chip you can do a hotswap and boot the X3 erase.xbe once you have ftp’d to your hdd.

Sorry I misunderstood when you mentioned about flashbios on the backup chip. Do you have xecuter 2.6 or  another modchip or any other way to boot up a bios? 

13 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

When you posted you had a backup did you mean a backup chip or that you could load the backup bios? If you have a 2nd chip you can do a hotswap and boot the X3 erase.xbe once you have ftp’d to your hdd.

Where can I download the X3 erase.xbe file?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SS_Dave
      When your tring to solder to a circuit board and you damage it don't despair most stuff up's can be fixed
      If you have ripped the trace off the Xbox circuit board you need to STOP and try to relax, Walk away from the job for a minute or ten or more if neaded

This is the trace that is damaged and need's to be repaired.
      This is a pic of a undamaged PCB same location.Please login or register to see this attachment.
      The red wire is what was suposed to happenPlease login or register to see this link.

1st step Clean off the paint.
      Please login or register to see this link.

I cheated and used a Glass fiber pen to do that but gentley scraping the track is ok you only nead to remove the paint.
      Please login or register to see this link. Please login or register to see this link.

2nd Step Add flux to the board

3rd Tin the trace

4th Prep the wire you are going to use. I use wirewrap wire for a repair like this one as it's a single strand.

5th Tin and trim the wire. I should have trimed it a bit shorter

6th Lay the wire on the tinned trace and apply heat.

7th Clean up the PCB

Now rince and repeat for the other end.
      Once you have tested it and your happy a small dob of hot melt glue or even a dob(pin head sise) of super glue to stop the wire moving. Not on the solder joint say 5 to 10mm(1/4 inch) from the solder joint.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.