OGXbox.com

Transfers Games/Files Direclty To Og XBoX Hdd

Viggen66

Dear All,

As you all know, FTP big chunks of data takes forever on a 10mb limit, however was looking for alternatives, there's those SATA to USB adpaters, which you can connect directly the HDD to your PC and have up to 60mb second on a USB 3.0, btw I'm using a 2.5 inch HDD

Is there any program that can access the HDD FATX system and copy directly to it via PC, I heard of an app namely USBXTAFGUI_V45, also heard of XBOX360Explorer, is any solution for this? I have hips of gigs  on my HDD and don't want to wait forever on FTP on 10 megs when I can have it for at least 30 to 60 hopefully. My HDD is unlocked obviously or else it would be harder.

Thanks

Edited by Viggen66

Using xplorer360 you can hotswap your xbox hdd and attach it to your pc. I have done this once a looong time ago -  xplorer360 will then be able read the xbox hdd.   I dont remember copying tons of files to it though. 

Usually I only connect my crossover cable and run UnleashX and  Qwix and then transfer a ton of iso's while making coffe and doing something else.

Edited by RoofTop

I would like to know this as well. I want to set up a 2TB drive on my Xbox, but most I get from an FTP transfer is 11mbps (only on larger files of course). Most of the space will be on the F and G partitions. I also have a dual SATA USB 3.0 dock, and I will use a 2TB SATA drive on my Xbox via SATA to IDE adapter + 80 wire IDE cable.

Edited by XC-3730C

18 hours ago, XC-3730C said:

I would like to know this as well. I want to set up a 2TB drive on my Xbox, but most I get from an FTP transfer is 11mbps (only on larger files of course). Most of the space will be on the F and G partitions. I also have a dual SATA USB 3.0 dock, and I will use a 2TB SATA drive on my Xbox via SATA to IDE adapter + 80 wire IDE cable.

You can use xplorer360 to add files to you XboxO hdd. If you have a softmodded system you will need to unlock your hdd 1st with xboxHDM, then add the files with xplorer360 and then lock it again with xboxHDM. Make sure you take a snapshot of your eeprom back up before you start so you have the password to unlock your drive and more importantly lock it again.

This thread has me interested as well.  What about an already unlocked hdd from a hardmodded system.  Would I still need to use something like xboxHDM, or would xplorer360 pick it up (without hot swapping)?  Hope someone has experience in this.  It would make life sooo easier.  I feel like every time I leave my xbox while FTPing something goes wrong.

I am gonna try this tonight. I just got a blue Xbox with X3 chip installed, so I will be throwing in a 2TB HDD.

I will report back when (I hope) I have good news to share.

I have also commented on the FATXplorer page (and hopefully others can too) about OG Xbox support.

15 hours ago, ChrisBFrost said:

This thread has me interested as well.  What about an already unlocked hdd from a hardmodded system.  Would I still need to use something like xboxHDM, or would xplorer360 pick it up (without hot swapping)?  Hope someone has experience in this.  It would make life sooo easier.  I feel like every time I leave my xbox while FTPing something goes wrong.

If your hard modded you don’t need to use HDM

15 hours ago, ChrisBFrost said:

If your hard modded you don’t need to use HDM

It should work as long as  you can either unlock and relock the drive. Or if you have a hardmod like I do then it's as simple as just plugging it into the computer as the drive can stay unlocked. Though unless your computer has hotswap sata ports you'll obviously want to shut down the PC before plugging it in.

I tried connecting my Xbox HDD to my Windows 10 PC via dual SATA USB 3.0 dock, as well as an IDE to USB 2.0 adapter, but Xplorer360 would not see the HDD. I then connected my Xbox HDD (with SATA to IDE adapter) to an old IBM NetVista Windows XP to one of the IDE connectors, and while that PC can see the HDD in the BIOS and Windows XP, HD fatXbox Explorer v1.4 cannot access the drive.

At this point, we can only wait for FATXplorer to add Original Xbox compatibility.

Any thoughts?

Damn,

So we can conclude only thing missing is a app to serve as a bridge from PC to OG  HDD, too bad this is not possible as yet, cause it could make our life so much easier.

But the developer of FATXplorer says on his next major build 3.0 gonna had support to OG XBox and this will be possible

https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/roadmap/

Edited by Viggen66

xplorer360 "works", but is painfully slow, even compared to transferring over ftp. Also seemed to give me problems doing any kind of folder injection. Single files worked, but inject a whole folder would go through the process and then end up with no files on the drive. Couldn't get Party Buffalo to detect it either, even though I've read that it should support it. Hoping fatxplorer adds it soon, as it would make my life so much easier when I need to either add games or throw the drive into the computer to repair something I broke.

Yea, I have exhausted all other avenues for transfering through USB or IDE on a PC. I will just have to transfer the old fashioned way until FATXplorer supports OG Xbox HDD's. I have been looking forward to that for years, and I will gladly pay for FATXplorer once that happens.

On 7/17/2019 at 8:55 PM, XC-3730C said:

Yea, I have exhausted all other avenues for transfering through USB or IDE on a PC. I will just have to transfer the old fashioned way until FATXplorer supports OG Xbox HDD's. I have been looking forward to that for years, and I will gladly pay for FATXplorer once that happens.

Hi, it does work, I used windows vista with xplorer360 and a usb to sata adapter. It wasn’t particularly quick but my vista desktop is old and cronky. I think I will try installing the hdd and see if that makes it any faster. It should also work with windows 7.