OGXbox.com

Help Changing Boot Dash

shaunme14

Hi i messed my xbox up by deleting files off the c drive and to cut a long story short ive managed to get it running again using the hexen disc, i want to boot into XBMC4GAMERS which i have on my E drive, trouble is there is no default.xbe  on my c drive? there is just a IND bios config which says the following

DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\evoxdash.xbe
DASH2=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Dash\UnleashX\unleashx.xbe
DASH3=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Dash\EvolutionX\evoxdash.xbe
DEFAULTXBE=\Device\CdRom0\default.xbe

not sure why it says default xbe in cd rom because i have removed the Hexen disc? any help would be appreciated.

I believe you need to BACK-UP the evoxdash.xbe on the E drive (i.e. evoxdash.old) then create a shortcut (using XBE Shortcut Maker) that points to the XBE of the dashboard you want to use (such as XBMC4Gamers). This Reddit thread may help you better understand what you need to do:

7 hours ago, shaunme14 said:

Hi i messed my xbox up by deleting files off the c drive and to cut a long story short ive managed to get it running again using the hexen disc, i want to boot into XBMC4GAMERS which i have on my E drive, trouble is there is no default.xbe  on my c drive? there is just a IND bios config which says the following

DASH2=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Dash\UnleashX\unleashx.xbe
DASH3=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Dash\EvolutionX\evoxdash.xbe
DEFAULTXBE=\Device\CdRom0\default.xbe

not sure why it says default xbe in cd rom because i have removed the Hexen disc? any help would be appreciated.

Easier than making a shortcut (evoxdash.xbe) file is to edit the ind-bios.cfg file

Change

to

DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Apps\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe

That is if your XBMC4Gamers' default.xbe file is stored in the folder

E:\Apps\XBMC4Gamers\

Edit the path accordingly to the location on the hard drive where XBMC4Gamers' default.xbe is located.

Partition1 = E

Partition2 = C

Partition6 = F

Partition7 = G

The DEFAULTXBE entry is there so the BIOS will try to load the default.xbe file on any disc you insert into the DVD drive before attempting to run DASH1 then DASH2 then DASH3 and I think finally C:\xboxdash.xbe (the stock MS dashboard).

• Like 2

On 7/11/2019 at 9:56 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Easier than making a shortcut (evoxdash.xbe) file is to edit the ind-bios.cfg file

Change

to

DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Apps\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe

That is if your XBMC4Gamers' default.xbe file is stored in the folder

E:\Apps\XBMC4Gamers\

Edit the path accordingly to the location on the hard drive where XBMC4Gamers' default.xbe is located.

Partition1 = E

Partition2 = C

Partition6 = F

Partition7 = G

The DEFAULTXBE entry is there so the BIOS will try to load the default.xbe file on any disc you insert into the DVD drive before attempting to run DASH1 then DASH2 then DASH3 and I think finally C:\xboxdash.xbe (the stock MS dashboard).

Thank you this worked really appreciated.