Sign in to follow this  
misc

Halo 2 From Hdd Missing Menu Text, Crash

I've copied the files from the Halo 2 disc to my chipped xbox via ftp. 

When starting the game there's no menu text (as if the font is missing).

Selecting menu options at random starts the intro movie, which runs for a bit then crashes. 

The files are verified extracted and copied ok. Lots of other games transferred exactly the same way are working fine. It is a v1.6 with an xecuter 2 chip. 

I tried to run the ACL from dvd2xbox on the installed folder, but that seemed to hang and hadn't completed after 10 hours. There isn't a specific acl for Halo 2 installed as far as I xcan tell, so it is running the default one.  

Any suggestions? Thanks

If you have an original disk use dvd2xbox to load it to your hdd. If you have an iso try using qwix to load it to your hdd.

No original disc unfortunately, I’m working with files extracted from redump iso. I’ll try making the files into an iso in quix then use that to do the transfer. 

Is Halo 2 known to be trouble to run from hdd?

Used quix as you suggested. Used the same files made into an iso, then uploaded the iso.  

Now it all works fine. Thanks for the tip. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By Viggen66
      Dear All,
      As you all know, FTP big chunks of data takes forever on a 10mb limit, however was looking for alternatives, there's those SATA to USB adpaters, which you can connect directly the HDD to your PC and have up to 60mb second on a USB 3.0, btw I'm using a 2.5 inch HDD
      Is there any program that can access the HDD FATX system and copy directly to it via PC, I heard of an app namely USBXTAFGUI_V45, also heard of XBOX360Explorer, is any solution for this? I have hips of gigs  on my HDD and don't want to wait forever on FTP on 10 megs when I can have it for at least 30 to 60 hopefully. My HDD is unlocked obviously or else it would be harder.
      Thanks
    • By XboxSkull
      Have modified a few different consoles before, but just started working on an 1.0 Xbox.  Would have done it sooner if I knew how powerful this thing is!
    • By Fila
      Hello, ive just done HDD upgrade using this tutorial and xbox only see 120gb out of 500gb from my new hdd, what is wrong? funny enough HeXEn shows me the proper status of 450gb+ free space on F drive, the same with Xpartitioner (but only when im using this app from HeXEn disc). When im entering Xpartitioner on dashboard then i got Warning ... "!!!! WARNING !!!!! LB448 info not found! Custom Partitions will not work with this BIOS! Update your BIOS to one which supports at least LBA48 version 2. Press Y to continue or any other button to abort." There you have system info ...  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.