Sickk1

Another One Bites the Dust

I bought 10 used xboxes and I would love to resurrect them.

Maybe you could help out as the most sites are down that contain proper information about the OGXBOX.

First one tries to boot 2 times, the red/orange flashing.

I soldered a Aladdin XT on it, the Modchip flashes red as well, but no change in behaviour ...

Any ideas ?

Not sure why the modchip would be flashing too. 

Red/orange is a RAM error. Make sure there are no bits on conductive material between pins of the RAM chips or any of the traces leading to them. It could be one of the DDR DRAM chips has gone bad too.  There are 4 on top and 4 more in the bottom of the motherboard. 

9 hours ago, Sickk1 said:

I bought 10 used xboxes and I would love to resurrect them

that's one big will to play. Congrats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sickk1 said:

Thank you. 
I always buy broken and neglected boxes and try to put new love into them.

I have a set of good RAM chips I’d be willing to get you for shipping cost. Also got a board to go with it if you need the spare SMD components. 

I’m not aware of where you can source those chips at this point beyond other dead units. 

7 hours ago, Magicaldave said:

THank you. That´s very generous, but I will see if I will have some spare boards myself :)

11 hours ago, Magicaldave said:

I’m not aware of where you can source those chips at this point beyond other dead units. 

aliexpress has them, but watch out for fakes.... some sellers ship out samaung (with an a) brand chips

11 hours ago, Magicaldave said:

amazon got'em as well. 10 pcs for approx $33

at least the the numbers on the chips are identical to the oneb i got on a v1.6 box.

can't tell whether they worked though since i effed up soldering them to a 1.1 box

Ok thanks.

So next Box problem.

Error 13 & 16.

Drive is locked. 

When I try to mount it the HDD in another Box as slave drive with Chimp I get serious I/O errors.

I cannot boot from disc in the box , before booting I get the 16 or 13 Errors.

I just chipped the box.

Any ideas ?

It sounds like it could be corrupted files or knackered hdd. Install a chip and see if you can get into the hdd and check the dash and files are okay possibly ftp over ones that you know are good.

soz just saw you had added a chip, can you ftp to it?

Edited by Ging3rguy

I have 5 fragging XBOXes left, in which I already installed Modchip but that didn´t change a thing at all.

I guess the boxes are just dead.