OGXbox.com

Easiest Way To Remove Front Panel

Viggen66

• 4 years later...
14 minutes ago, Luke007 said:

HI guys, I also would like to change the power led color... After opening the Xbox & removing the hard drive, do I just unhook the power circuit yellow ribbon to remove the front panel or is there more to it?

Unplug that and then press in the tab on the bottom of the PCB to release it. :)

4 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Unplug that and then press in the tab on the bottom of the PCB to release it. :)

Ok, thanks for your reply. I just want to be sure that there's nothing else holding the front panel together right? Nothing from the controller ports that I have to unplug right?

18 minutes ago, Luke007 said:

Ok, great! Thanks!

You will obviously have to unplug the controller ports to get the panel off so that you can GET to the LED PCB, just to be clear, but other than that, once the panel is off, you will only need to release the PCB and it will come out.

Edit: Needed coffee. This is not true. I am embarrassed. 😛 

9 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

You will obviously have to unplug the controller ports to get the panel off so that you can GET to the LED PCB, just to be clear, but other than that, once the panel is off, you will only need to release the PCB and it will come out.

So I do have to unplug something from the controller ports? This video only shows that he only unhooks one yellow ribbon:

Edited by Luke007

3 minutes ago, Luke007 said:

So I do have to unplug something from the controller ports? This video only shows that he only unhooks one yellow ribbon:

OMG I needed coffee.Lol, the controller ports are in the inner case. Wow. Disregard that. My first pointer was correct. lol. I'm so embarrassed. I've taken apart countless consoles and even tired I should not have made a rookie mistake like that!