OGXbox.com

Upgrading Hdd Problem, Only 120gb Out of 500gb Hdd

Fila

3 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Looks like the write enable bridge has been removed from the top points at R7D3. I suspect  the bridge across the pads on the bottom of the motherboard at R7R3 has been removed too. :(

Well, looks like end of the story. Thanks for the help anyway.

Use a 256KB BIOS iND-BiOS 5004 F and G (aka Beta Feb-11-05)

You don't have to use a 512KB BIOS just because your TSOP flash memory device can support one.

1.0 and 1.1 Xbox's have a 1MB TSOP packaged flash memory chip that holds the BIOS/Kernel.  For a 256KB BIOS, the flashing software writes 4 copies one after the other to fill the chip and for a 512KB BIOS two copies.

Note: Not all flashing software writes multiple copies of the BIOS file to fill the chip (e.g., GenToox Loader).  But I believe it's only used to flash the Sharp brand TSOP flash chip.

15 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Use a 256KB BIOS iND-BiOS 5004 F and G (aka Beta Feb-11-05)

You don't have to use a 512KB BIOS just because your TSOP flash memory device can support one.

1.0 and 1.1 Xbox's have a 1MB TSOP packaged flash memory chip that holds the BIOS/Kernel.  For a 256KB BIOS, the flashing software writes 4 copies one after the other to fill the chip and for a 512KB BIOS two copies.

Note: Not all flashing software writes multiple copies of the BIOS file to fill the chip (e.g., GenToox Loader).  But I believe it's only used to flash the Sharp brand TSOP flash chip.

Looks like its working, this photo is from dash, not any disc is inserted.

sys6.jpg

10 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Great! Time to fill it up.

One complain, xbox boot up too long, first i have "Loading ind-bios" for about 30 sec, then i have normal xbox intro but modified for IND-BIOS (white background, green text and logo) next 30 seconds.

Okay, I have that same ind-bios.cfg file on my Xbox. 

I'm using a Western Digital 320GB IDE hard drive.

From power on till UnleashX's menu appears is ~10 seconds.  Well its really hard to tell with my current configuration - X3 modchip with X3 BIOS running- then booting into ind-bios

The loading ind-bios  message stays on the screen for about 6 seconds then the iND-BIOS white splash screen appears for less than a second then UnleashX's splash screen followed by its main menu appearing.

Oh, wait I have to change the DIP switches to select bank 8 that I have flashed with ind-bios 5004.67.

Update: I changed the DIP switches to select bank 8 and power cycled to boot ind-bios 5004.67. The time from power on until UnleashX's main menu appeared is ~20 seconds.

• ind-bios loading ~6 seconds
  • flubber animation ~6 seconds
  • ind-bios splash screen 2-3 second
  • UnleashX splash screen 1 second then fades
  • a few more seconds (2-3) - the time here depends on how many files are installed on the hard drive - the more apps present the longer it will take. I hear the disc drive seeking a lot as UnleashX scans the hard drive folders set up to create the menus.
  • then UnleashX's main menu appears

After changing the bank select to boot ind-bios 5004.56 directly, it seems strange that the length of time the ind-bios splash screen is displayed increases a couple of seconds  as compared to loading ind-bios from the X3 Config Live (X3CL) Bios Tools menu. No flubber animation is displayed between loading ind-bios and the white ind-bios splash screen. It was already displayed while booting the X3 BIOS before going into the X3CL menu.