OGXbox.com

Upgrading Hdd Problem, Only 120gb Out of 500gb Hdd

Fila

Hello, ive just done HDD upgrade using this tutorial
and xbox only see 120gb out of 500gb from my new hdd, what is wrong?
funny enough HeXEn shows me the proper status of 450gb+ free space on F drive, the same with Xpartitioner (but only when im using this app from HeXEn disc).
When im entering Xpartitioner on dashboard then i got Warning ...
"!!!! WARNING !!!!! LB448 info not found! Custom Partitions will not work with this BIOS! Update your BIOS to one which supports at least LBA48 version 2. Press Y to continue or any other button to abort."
There you have system info ...
xBaagjY.jpg 
gVSnQNt.jpg

Your booting BIOS doesn't have LBA48 support or an older version of the patch.  At the top of XBPartitioner's main screen after the error message, it should show the patch level it found in the BIOS your modded Xbox is booting.

Is your console soft or hard modded?

If hard modded, reflash your modchip or TSOP (with the one of latest BIOS found on the Hexen 2018 disc).

Update: From the information you provided, it looks like your console is soft not hard modded - Kernel: 1.0.4817.1.

Which softmod did you install?

11 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Your booting BIOS doesn't have LBA48 support or an older version of the patch.  At the top of XBPartitioner's main screen after the error message, it should show the patch level it found in the BIOS your modded Xbox is booting.

Is your console soft or hard modded?

If hard modded, reflash your modchip or TSOP (with the one of latest BIOS found on the Hexen 2018 disc).

Update: From the information you provided, it looks like your console is soft not hard modded - Kernel: 1.0.4817.1.

Which softmod did you install?

Well, my console is hard moded cuz it reads burned dvd's without any dashboard or softmod (i bought that xbox with empty original hdd, original dashboard and when i formated that hdd it still reads burned dvd's). Also i used that tutorial to prepare new hdd, look up on the options that i choosed in HeXEN,

Edited by Fila

It sure does not look like it's hard modded?  

Have you opened it up and seen the modchip connected to the LPC debug port?

Softmodded or hard modded will boot burned discs if no replacement dashboard has been installed. It will go into the stock MS dashboard.

However, if you deleted all the files from the hard drive that would destroy a softmod and it would not longer work. So it must be hardmodded. :)

Kernel version 4817 is not a number I recall for any modified BIOS version.  Only one of the stock MS BIOS's.

I've not used any of the old Evox BIOSs in a long time to know what Evox's D.6 or earlier BIOS releases show for there Kernel version.  

Flash a new BIOS to the modchip. 

Evolution-X kept the MS BIOS version number their BIOSes were based on.  Making it harder to ID which BIOS you are using.  Other dev teams' changed the number making it easier to ID which version you are booting.

Update: Looks like Evox D.6's kernel version is 4817.  It has no LBA48 support. (https://ask.metafilter.com/163129/Original-Xbox-modified-with-old-version-of-EvolutionX-EvoX-What-to-do-with-it)  Max hard drive space accessible is 137GBs - F ~ 120GBs formatted.

• Like 2

What @KaosEngineer says is true. Hexen  boots a bios with the LBA48 patch included.

Your bios does not support LBA48 so you will NEVER get the extra space until you reflash your TSOP/Modchip.

You can confirm this via the Kernel versions shown in the screenshots above. Hexen is booting 5838 and you are booting 4817.

You will need to check if the TSOP is writeable via Hexen and if so, flash a newer bios such EvoX M8, 5035 or Ind 5004 and one that has .67 in the name (or F/G etc).

Edited by JonahUK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JonahUK said:

What @KaosEngineer says is true. Hexen  boots a bios with the LBA48 patch included.

Your bios does not support LBA48 so you will NEVER get the extra space until you reflash your TSOP/Modchip.

You can confirm this via the Kernel versions shown in the screenshots above. Hexen is booting 5838 and you are booting 4817.

Ok i get it, but what now? can i reflash this with only HeXEn or i need to do something on my motherboard?

1 minute ago, Fila said:

Ok i get it, but what now? can i reflash this with only HeXEn or i need to do something on my motherboard?

See my edit.

Before flashing though, you need to confirm your model number and TSOP brand/type. Please research before flashing.

Edited by JonahUK

If the write enable points on the motherboard are still bridged, you can use Hexen 2018 to reflash it.

What version Xbox do you have?

You can't use X2 5035 unless it's a 1.0 or 1.1.  I suggest using iND-BiOS 5004 67 (F and G).

You need to check which Flash memory chip your motherboard's BIOS chip is.  There are special requirements of software and software and hardware for Winbond and Sharp brands of flash TSOP packaged devices.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonahUK said:

See my edit.

Before flashing though, you need to confirm your model number and TSOP brand/type. Please research before flashing.

I saw edit, ok i will try to check or you can tell me now how to do it, it would be faster. Also thanks for taking time to help me guys : )

1 minute ago, KaosEngineer said:

If the write enable points on the motherboard are still bridged, you can use Hexen 2018 to reflash it.

What version Xbox do you have?

You can't use X2 5035 unless it's a 1.0 or 1.1.  I suggest using iND-BiOS 5004 67 (F and G).

You have version of my Xbox on the photo, its 1.1 NTSC or do you ask for something more specific?

1 minute ago, Fila said:

You have version of my Xbox on the photo, its 1.1 NTSC or do you ask for something more specific?

Missed that!! You have a 1MB TSOP but you need to verify if its a Winbond/Sharp/Hynix etc. You can use the Hexen disc to verify TSOP type. Not sure of the menu options to get there though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Oh right, v1.1 listed in UnleashX's System Info page.

Need to check the brand of the flash chip on the motherboard.

Verify which brand it is: Sharp, ST Microelectronics, Hynix, etc.

Well, im confused right now ... (this bios checker is from the latest Auto Installer Deluxe (2018))

sys_inf_3.png

Edited by Fila

That program doesn't show you the information you need to know.  Open up the console and look at the TSOP chip at location: U7D1.

You do know that it is booting the Evox D.6 BIOS.  It really needs to show you the manufacturerID:deviceID byte values instead of trying to help you by telling you the Chip type which is of little to no help at all.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

That program doesn't show you the information you need to know.  Open up the console and look at the TSOP chip at location: U7D1.

You do know that it is booting the Evox D.6 BIOS.  It really needs to show you the manufacturerID:deviceID byte values instead of trying to help you by telling you the Chip type which is of little to no help at all.

IMG_19700102_212656.jpg

5 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Nice, you can easily use Hexen to flash the TSOP as long as the write enable points are still bridged together.  The top one is at R7D3 right off the edge of your picture.  The other is on the bottom of the motherboard at R7R3.

IMG_19700102_213738.jpg