OGXbox.com

Is It Possible To Clone My Softmodded Hard Drive and Use It In Another Softmodded XBox?

C64MidRezzie

A friend of mine setup my softmodded xbox hard drive with emulators, games etc and a cool dashboard - I'm just wondering how to clone the drive in order to use it in my spare xbox - I can unlock the drive in HDM V1.9 and there seems to be an option to clone a hard drive in HMD V1.9 as well - anyone tried this or is there another way without TSOP or chipped console?  Thanks

Edited by C64MidRezzie

2 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

Yes, set your hdd key to all zeros in both boxes and the use chimp to clone your drive. There are tutorials on how to zero your hdd key and how to use chimp.

Thanks - I thought I read somewhere that it isn't a good idea to that on all versions of xbox - 1.6, 1.4, 1.2 and 1.1 are the versions I have lying around the house at the minute.

1 minute ago, Ging3rguy said:

no it's fine to zero the hdd keys, maybe just write on them which box they go with. you can have issues with shared eeproms when it comes to networking.

Thanks - do you mean null the eeprom then copy it to a PC and put it in a folder with  a title that relates to an xbox it came from?  Sorry if this is stupid question.