A Random Internal Hdmi XBoX 1.6 With Custom Gpu/Cpu Fans

Since I had taken these pics to show N64Freak to troubleshoot my DIY install of his internal HDMI mod, I figured I could also post them here.

DSC_0983.JPG.eb9262f829b3a9d69338a91389c59682.JPG

This is my 1.6 XBOX motherboard. Since it runs my arcade pedestal, I only needed the board itself. It is on wood and plastic spacers off the wooden base I created.

Standard AladdinXT modchip.

For a much quieter, and at least as cool if not cooler, machine I replaced the heatsinks with these GPU coolers. Works after a few hours of play and no temperature issues.
DSC_0984.JPG.2661c47a9af57f1d6695d4b376489a90.JPG

Here is the Toslink optical port mounted (still having some issues getting sound out of it for some reason)

DSC_0985.JPG.369358d57aa530db6846fb8b5f868aa8.JPG

And here is another view of the HDMI install.

My advice for anyone else doing this install is to use good solder, good flux, and a HOT iron. And double check every connection with a multimeter, as from some of the install steps, there is no turning back to fix.

• Like 2

Temps seem to range around 35°-45°C

For the coolers, you need to measure the distance between the holes already in the XBOX motherboard and match that, as best you can, to ones for GPU. There used to be an actual aftermarket one you could buy straight up, but I forget its name and a couple years ago they seemed impossible to find so I just went salvaging random broken GPUs I found on ebay.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Chungaloid
      Hey all.  Sorry if this has been posted, but I searched and couldn't really find anything.  I have a 1.0 Xbox that was handed to me by a friend.  He said he couldn't remember much about it, but that him and his kid tried to mod it a long time ago, and now it isn't working.  Upon opening it, I found a pin header, no modchip, tsop points soldered, and the underside D0 pad ripped off.  When I try to start the xbox, it cycles power 3 times then frags out.  I'm assuming this is due mainly to the ripped D0 trace.  I've tried repairing the trace, and bridging the two pads connected by the green line, but I can't seem to get the solder to stick.  Is there any other way to repair this, or is this the only way?  Relatively new to xbox modding so any tips would be appreciated.  Thank you!  

• By Skrumpkin
      Hi,
      I have a hard modded OpenXenium chip with a 1 TB WD Blue HDD.  I have everything set up and I am trying to get more than 200 GB - with more than  > 200 GB left on a partition.  Filezilla is not letting me do that.  I am just trying to transfer the titles.  They are all HDD ready for transfer but they do not go through at a certain point.  They  all become failed transfers.  The bios I am using is unleashed x from the OGXBOX installer.  It was not flashed by the program but was transferred by my network.  It is a CEE bios.   I switch dashboard sometimes.  The only one that I have on there that is not preinstalled is Emulation Station. I had used the DVDmulleter to get the bios necessary.  The HDD has been partitioned correctly having being split from F to G the remaining left.  I am fairly new to this and any advice to help would be beneficial.
    • By sosai880
      Do, all the fucki/ng hdmi solutions of output signal video make REALLY a better picture than the best component ''for the same resolution'', or it's ONLY for not loose quality during  passage to hdmi or upscaling ?
       Thanks and sorry. 

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.