Frank D'Agostino

Is There a Replacement Dvd Laser for All 3dvd Drives?

I"m looking for one for the Samsung SDG-605 cheapest i could find is like 25 just for the laser but out of stock!! ugh!  ah, just found one on ebay..after shipping 30 $ better off finding one at flea market or thrift store hoping its drive is working.

I"m looking for one for the Samsung SDG-605 cheapest i could find is like 25 just for the laser but out of stock!! ugh!  ah, just found one on ebay..after shipping 30 $ better off finding one at flea market or thrift store hoping its drive is working.

I hear you. I have owned many Xbox systems, and out 5 or 6 Samsung SDG-605 drives, only 1 worked (and it was intermittent). Plus there is the pesky sticky tray issue.

I to have a Samsung drive that seems to have killed it's laser.

The normal pot adjustment can't be done as it shows 0 ohms resistance.

Almost better off pot modding a Thompson drive and binning the Samsung.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By LuigiBowser
      Hi from France,
      Glad to see an alive Ogxbox board.
      I'm trying to configurate xbmc4gamers but i'm totally lost. I am currently at this stage.

Indeed, I want to have this result.
      Please login or register to see this attachment.
      I am trying to find out how to put a color band at the top and the buttom of the screen and how to rename each game and make it appear on the top left side.
      For the bottom i did a layer on photoshop but I can't manage to make it appear.
      Someone told me that to change the games names I had to modify the XML files and add a KODI code line. I "just" don't know... which files !
      If anyone have an idea, I would appreciate !
    • By Dnoble2989
      Hi, I've managed to do all of the steps to install the unleashedx softmod via usb and splinter cell, the ftp settings, placing the snes9x X folder in the correct location, and getting the emulator to show up on the console.

All i had left to do is simply hit the A button on any one one of the Roms to start them up, and yet nothing happens when i do that? The A button works fine for literally everything else except starting the Roms. I'm hoping it's because i have an off brand madcatz controller, and not an original xbox controller. Or maybe it's something more simple than that? Corrupted Roms maybe?
    • By kraven_eh88
      So whatever code is running on the xenium clones I have does not like anything being on the flash other than their own modified xenium os 1.0. They're still happily recognized by the flasher tool, even after flashing 2.3.1 to them. but I accidentally overwrote the flash.bin when I went to write it back. Learn my ass for not fully reading shit and madly clicking.
      TL:DR: I'm an idiot and need a JTAG programmer to flash the openxenium code to my xenium clones.
      Please login or register to see this link.
      Got all the parts to piece it together, so its a helluva lot cheaper and quicker than buying a programmer online.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.