OGXbox.com

Eurasia Web Site

SS_Dave

Digging around the eurasia.nu domain reveals it's DNS (and more than likely website itself) is hosted by "devnull.fi"

A notice (in Finnish) on this website here reveals that there has been a hardware outage, and that some 'pages' have had to be moved to new hardware: https://www.devnull.fi/29-6-2019-www-sivuissa-ongelmia/

I do hope the "eurasia.nu" site is restored soon because I still use it occasionally myself!

Edited by samspin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Update: looks like I spoke too soon. I don't know if the host downtime has caused irreparable disk damage, but Robert, one of the admins from the site, says it's probably not coming back :(

https://twitter.com/modrobert/status/1145231685098901504

I would be extremely interested in finding out if anyone purchased the "Eurasia file collection 2002 - 2017" SD card from the site to help regain access to lost files!

Edited by samspin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Like this

1892620749_euraisasd.PNG.266fb4af97fcd2f88ffcafb89b7a925d.PNG

Then Yes

SS Dave

Ohh man I would *really* like a copy of that! I've no idea what kind of internet connection you've got but I would really appreciate getting that uploaded somewhere, that site had some unique content not found elsewhere. Could we please PM and discuss a way to make this happen?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitWaaH said:

Tried to order something off them years ago and got no response, chasing parts in Australia is a pain haha.

That's a shame. I ordered items from them a few times years ago and they would take quite awhile to arrive, but then they appeared to come from Thailand. I have no idea if Australia's customs are a bit picky with Thailand goods but I do know that laws cracking down on mods were passed not so long ago. It is possible your shipment got seized :(

• Like 1

I had actually just noticed this myself. That would really be terrible if the site didn't come back. Seems to be par for the course this past year with Nintendo being a shitass and all. I still remember purchasing my first modchip from them. Even had the installation instructions and everything. They had so many downloads for the modding community. First Emuparadise, now this!? I'm starting to feel like these communities won't exist much longer.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 7/4/2019 at 11:38 PM, samspin said:

Ohh man I would *really* like a copy of that! I've no idea what kind of internet connection you've got but I would really appreciate getting that uploaded somewhere, that site had some unique content not found elsewhere. Could we please PM and discuss a way to make this happen?

On 7/4/2019 at 4:27 PM, SS_Dave said:

Like this

1892620749_euraisasd.PNG.266fb4af97fcd2f88ffcafb89b7a925d.PNG

Then Yes

SS Dave

have you uploaded it anywhere? any chance you could pm me a link?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
39 minutes ago, smokin69 said:

looking for 360nandflasher driver by maximus , cant find anywhere, sure there is one on that sd card ye got ..

being trying to get one last few days picked up an old 360 and trying read nand to rgh it any help guys

Check you messages.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

According to the spreadsheet

The oldest file is Magic2 and Magic3 chip position  2002-10-14 23:28:43  

The newest file   RetroArch 2017-01-18 (vita)            2017-01-19 07:17:36

The files were copied to the card on the                     2017-01-26

Total number is 11210 files

Most of the files are compressed files

It's not a copy of the entire website just the download section.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 8:27 AM, williamgentry said:

Sorry to comment on an old topid

I was wondering if you knew where to get a copy of the Eurasia memory card.

Or perhaps a mirror of the website.

I had a copy of most things on my hard drive and stupid me, I didn't back it up and died.

The internet archive has a lot of the pages saved for news and the wiki, but the downloads section required an account to access and hence archive.org never saved all of the downloads.

all these people asking for copies of this card, come on its 92Gb, the best you could hope for is asking nicely for a particular file.

ask for what you really need, not what you want, if someone offered the server space to host it it might be doable, but again its 92Gb!.

maybe we could find somewhere just for the OGXBOX stuff, that would slim it down a bit.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

What exactly was this? What all was on it. Tried to look through the thread and couldn't find a full answer.

Eurasia was a web site with a large collection of software and updates for all manner of gaming consoles and it closed up late 2017

Here is a link to a list of the files in PDF format that where on the site just before the site closed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cVD6auCP5F0HULS4tIRWQalVYjOnNy8f/view?usp=sharing

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1