OGXbox.com

New Guy Here

danbrad

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, danbrad said:

Thank you for welcoming me.

Welcome Danbrad. If you are thinking in putting a big HDD in your Xbox I tell you right away, do NOT buy the chinese cheap brands (SATA to IDE adaptors).

Why? Because they might or might not work, but for me is the fact that I purchased one of these adapters on Aliexpress and it is still stuck in a chinese warehouse for 1 month now, and I paid for the shipping, not free shipping. If you live in the US, I recommend you to buy the Startech Sata to IDE adapter, they are good quality and the shipping is reliable.

Don't do what I did! Cheers.

Edited by Hector Hidalgo

Hi danbrad

I  2nd what Hector is saying  if you realy want to use the Aliexpress units buy 2 or 3 each from a couple of differant sellers and you will proberly find 50% will work in a Xbox, also don't forget you will need a 80 way IDE/Pata cable.

If your looking at 500gig drives there are heaps for sale in china NEW? or 2nd hand on EvilBay that are PATA/IDE (40pin connector) I have seen some 750gig PATA drives from China as well.

Cheers

SSDave

• 1 month later...