OGXbox.com

Help With Roms Not Being Transferred

Shattered-Reflection

Hi everyone. New to the forum here. First I'd like to say thank you to the community for keeping such an awesome gaming device alive! It was my first step into modding and I've been addicted since haha. Anyway...

I'm looking for a rom pack with/without emulators that is setup specifically for a stock 8gb HDD softmodded xbox, to be used with FTP or from a disc. I've run into some issues with transferring files via FTP. One has to do with the naming limit, and another is an error I can't figure out. But of the SNES library only, there are about 170 games that won't transfer. So I was looking for a pre-made pack of adjusted names and such that my xbox would take without issues. Not sure if one exists or not. It's a project that would consume a huge amount of my time which is why I'm asking for help.

Even if there is a way to batch-rename them, that would work also. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The closest thing I know of to such a premade pack would be, eh, CoinOPS? You could download CoinOPS massive and I suspect that would get what you need. Personally I can’t stand CoinOPS because i think the front end is gaudy.

I’ve a few SNES games that wouldn’t transfer and never bothered to fix. Check the names of the affected games. Are they longer than 42 characters, including the file extension?

they would have to be shortened if so. The snes library I believe is well under one thousand, but there’s also a limit of 4096 files in one particular folder on FATX. 

Batch renaming often isn’t going to give you something very close to the original names, but if the length of the names is an issue on option would be to drop the affected games into a folder on your computer, CTRL-A to select all of them, and rename any one of the files. This would rename EACH of those files to whatever you choose to the name you entered, with the number appended. 

Such as:

thisdidntfit1

thisdidntfit2

thisdidntfit3

and so on. In the end you’d still have to rename them but you could do it over time. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 7:19 AM, JonahUK said:

RessurectionXtras sets are made specifically for the xbox. I can confirm SNES & Megadrive sets are 100% compatible with respect to filename length etc.

Sets also come with artwork and other media etc.

I will definitely have to look into this! I did do quite a bit of searching and stumbled upon a free program that is a god send. It is called Bulk Rename Utility. It still takes a bit of time to adjust things but compared to doing each individual file, it's a god send.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

First off :

Can't send anything with a " , " in the filename

ex: 

Tick, the (USA, Europe).zip

Both commas will make the transfer not work. Had to rename hundreds of files because of it

And long names. No more than 21 characters per.

I've tried the "No Intro" downloads, but they still have commas.

Trying the "ressurectionXtras" way now to see if it's better ....

• 2 months later...