OGXbox.com

Can't Access File Explorer (Cpu Upgraded)

Magicaldave

Hey all, wasn’t sure if this belonged in the bug thread or not. 

I have an N64Freak box that was still set to German when I received it, so i tried to use the MS Dash from XboxHDM23 by FTP’ing to C:\ and launching it from there. 

This just caused the console to restart back to XBMC4GAMERS and things got weird. Everything else works just fine but the file explorer just loads forever. I left it for about 3 hours last night and it went nowhere. 

Wasn’t sure what to do so I used the Clear Cache script but no dice. Any suggestions here? 

13 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

Can you ftp from your pc? If you can back up C & E, and then reinstall the dashboard.

Never made it this far. 

Very strange, but it’s the act of booting the hacked MS Dash that breaks the file explorer. Tried for hours yesterday, when I came back the file explorer worked until I tried to launch the MS dash. Immediately failed afterward, and the MS dash couldn’t be launched. 

Got a softmod installed alongside IND, so I used the extras disc to install Stock MS 5960, and all seems to be well!

On 6/25/2019 at 1:39 PM, Magicaldave said:

Hey all, wasn’t sure if this belonged in the bug thread or not. 

I have an N64Freak box that was still set to German when I received it, so i tried to use the MS Dash from XboxHDM23 by FTP’ing to C:\ and launching it from there. 

This just caused the console to restart back to XBMC4GAMERS and things got weird. Everything else works just fine but the file explorer just loads forever. I left it for about 3 hours last night and it went nowhere. 

Wasn’t sure what to do so I used the Clear Cache script but no dice. Any suggestions here? 

Which version of XboxHDM23USB? 

Beta 3's files/folders with the file named xboxbox.xbe is not the MS dashboard.  The files in B3 are a no-original-game-disc-required Xbox Softmodding Tool installer.

The version 5960 MS dashboard file set is available in Clean_C_and_E_Files_for_Xbox.7z.

Update: Oh, I see you found them to install in the Extras Disc too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Beta 3's files/folders with the file named xboxbox.xbe is not the MS dashboard.  The files in B3 are a no-original-game-disc-required Xbox Softmodding Tool installer.

Clean_C_and_E_Files_for_Xbox.7z.

Durr hurr durr durr. Thanks for pointing that out! I didn’t realize this wasn’t the actual Ms Dash. I had some suspicions about what it actually was since I saw a file labeled “Ernie.xtf” inside one of the folders. 

I was going to download a copy of 5960 I found on Digiex, but I don’t have any proper internet access right now so while I was trying to figure out what to do to get it on my Xbox from my iPhone, I thought I’d give the extras disc a whirl. Rocky comes to the rescue again. 

Any idea why this softmod installer busted my file explorer, though? Seems like... maybe something stuck in memory from previous startups? The way I ultimately got back in was to turn the console off and give it another try after work the next day.