OGXbox.com

Modchip Aladdin XT

Sickk1

Hey guys, 

I just bought a bunch of Xboxes and try to preserve them.

Therefore I remove the clock capacitor, bring on some new thermal paste and install a modchip.

Now I ran into some problems on my first box :

Box autostarts immediately after plugging in and restarts even after shutdown.

Modchips works and boots from Slayers EVOX CD.

Is there anything I made wrong so that it starts automatically ?

How can I change the modchips behaviour so that I won´t have to push 3 seconds on power to start it ?

Traces damaged on the bottom side of the motherboard from the leaked electrolyte.

The power, eject, RED and GREEN LED power ring control lines run near the front edge of the motherboard.

https://imgur.com/2YESah9

Depending on the type of damage that has occurred, many different power and eject anomalies can and will occur.

Clean the electrolyte residue everywhere it has run to inside the console.  Top and bottom of the motherboard, RF shield under the motherboard and even below the RF shield inside the plastic case.

Test the power and eject traces for continuity from the front panel connection on the motherboard to the system management controller (PIC processor, U7B2, or custom Xyclops chip, U7C1, on a v1.6 console.)

See sickmods.net's P/E board Troubleshooting web page capture at the WayBack Machine for more information.

18 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

When you turn the box off with the power button does it power down until you take your finger off?

It´s a little weird.

When I plug it in, it starts. When I hit the power button shorter than 3 seconds , nothing happens.

When pushed more than 3 seconds, the box powers off but doesn´t react anyhow to the power button.

Traces are corroded but they are still intact, no short circuit. Cleaned the whole board with alcohol.