OGXbox.com

Video Output Failure

Kik5u

Hi. I lost ability to use component cable in my one project xbox. It worked fine at first but now it only shows black at my screen. It only works now with composite cable. I have two component cables and they are fine, I tested them with my other xbox. Is there a possibility that some component in the motherboard is damaged or should I look problem at software side?  I'm running unleashX with aladdin modchip on a 1.6 revision xbox.

Ive seen somrehitnglike this happen in the past.

What resolution were you running?      In the box that ive seen this happen the software was forced to run in a resolution the tv didnt like.

In that instance i wiped and re-built and all was well.

Can you boot of a util disc and get video?

Ok you are correct the xbox does send somehow resolution that tv does not support, but that does not make sense because xbox can output 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080i and all these my tv supports AND I have a component to hdmi upscaler which upscales all signals to 1080p and even that does not work. 

I tried to use the composite and go to settings and set all resolutions 480/720/1080 to yes and click save. Shutdown and switch to component and it shows no image. I switch back to composite and check the settings and they are back to NO all of them. 

If you used a component cable and enabled the high-definition modes,  the only way to turn them back off is to go into the MS dashboard while the component cable is connected.  Those options are not available when using a composite cable (Yellow - composite video, Red/White stereo audio RCA jacks). A replacement dashboard will show the high-definition modes as NO with a composite cable attached. UnleashX's settings are only for UnleashX, they don't change the settings stored in the motherboard's configuration EEPROM.

To turn them off, a component high-definition cable/AV pack has to be connected.  Without the high-definition cable/AV pack attached, the high-definition settings 480p/720p/1080i are not displayed in the MS dashboard's Video Settings.