OGXbox.com

XBit 1.5 Chip Help/Info

MvZiC MaN

On 9/1/2020 at 6:19 AM, dirtykash said:

I have one of the 1.5 version and was wondering if I could flash one of the banks with the bad flash recovery bios?

i have a board with a winbond TSOP that is corrupt and will only boot with a modchip so it would be great to have on a modchip.

1st up you don't have a 1.5 version Xbox you have a 1.4 version Xbox.  Strike that Opps not enough caffeine.

You could but the biggest problem is getting the Xbit chip to read and write on a windows 7,8,10 computer.

It would be easier to flash the modified M7 bios to a Aladdin chip or get your hands on a Xblast lite modchip as that also has the extra connections needed to connect to the main board to save you manually having to ground and release the required points and the correct time.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

3 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Let me bring up this topic again.

I got a X-Bit 1.0 today (without doughter board) and i managed to wire it up with an dip switch and so far the xbit seams to work. The software for the xbit 1.0 runs, after a little troubleshooting, on windows 7 x64 but it seams i can't access it (no read or wirte options). The chip comes up with a lot of errors about that.

So i tried a windows xp vm. All fine, chip shows up but then also no luck on read / write / status or format.

So anybody has found another solution except an real windows xp mashine to get that old chip up and running?

EDIT : Found a tool for the XBIT 1.0 for linux (maybe useful for one or the other ... (which didn`t include me for real cuz there is no gui))

https://github.com/tuxuser/xbit_flasher-xbox

error 2.jpg

error 3.jpg

error 4.jpg

error.jpg

xbitv1.0.jpg

winxp.jpg

you need windows xp or older, like I said in my earlier post I spent hours trying to flash it using vista in compatibility mode with no joy. I had no problem from the xp desktop  I was given this year.

8 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

you need windows xp or older, like I said in my earlier post I spent hours trying to flash it using vista in compatibility mode with no joy. I had no problem from the xp desktop  I was given this year.

As i said in a previous post i tried that myself late last year with no luck on 2 different chips, so it isnt always a guaranteed success. Although i might give it another go now i know it worked for you.

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

1st up you don't have a 1.5 version Xbox you have a 1.4 version Xbox.

You could but the biggest problem is getting the Xbit chip to read and write on a windows 7,8,10 computer.

It would be easier to flash the modified M7 bios to a Aladdin chip or get your hands on a Xblast lite modchip as that also has the extra connections needed to connect to the main board to save you manually having to ground and release the required points and the correct time.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I believe the 1.5 version he's referring to here is the X-B.I.T. modchip version, not the Xbox version.  There's an X-B.I.T 1.0 and 1.5 modchip.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Let me bring up this topic again.

I got a X-Bit 1.0 today (without doughter board) and i managed to wire it up with an dip switch and so far the xbit seams to work. The software for the xbit 1.0 runs, after a little troubleshooting, on windows 7 x64 but it seams i can't access it (no read or wirte options). The chip comes up with a lot of errors about that.

So i tried a windows xp vm. All fine, chip shows up but then also no luck on read / write / status or format.

So anybody has found another solution except an real windows xp mashine to get that old chip up and running?

EDIT : Found a tool for the XBIT 1.0 for linux (maybe useful for one or the other ... (which didn`t include me for real cuz there is no gui))

https://github.com/tuxuser/xbit_flasher-xbox

error 2.jpg

error 3.jpg

error 4.jpg

error.jpg

I believe all of these errors are occurring because the USB hardware in your computer is not supported by the software.

I'm not exactly sure what motherboard you will need to support the X-B.I.T. flashing software, a much older one, so it can communicate with the USB port.

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

I believe all of these errors are occurring because the USB hardware in your computer is not supported by the software.

I'm not exactly sure what motherboard you will need to support the X-B.I.T. flashing software, a much older one, so it can communicate with the USB port.

That was alsmost  what i had thought but, the funny part is, that the chip shows up in the software. That makes me wonder a little bit. But i also read this topic here and i didn't have my hopes up to high. So at least you're right i guess, it must be an I/O problem. 

I have windows xp here somewhere and one of those bootable xp systems on dvd. I think, i will give that a try on my pc and my laptop. If that doesen't work i try to install xp on the laptop. Maybe that works.

One of the mainboards that should work is the MSI GF615M-P33 V2(MS-7597). That was used with that linux tool i linked on page 1, which i would give a try but my linux skills almost not exist.

The X-B.I.T. flasher code seems to be very unforgiving about the USB chipset it works with properly.  An old motherboard from the Windows XP, 98 era is most likely needed.  Not using a VM on current hardware.

The MSI GF615M-P33 V2(MS-7597)'s release date stated in the manual is Feb 2011. That motherboard's USB chipset / hardware may be too new.  You may need something 8-10 years older.

I’m gonna hook mine up to the software later today and see how I get on, I’ll report back...

ive got an old laptop knocking about somewhere, but no mini usb cable so I think I’ll just splice into the yellow cables with another usb if I can’t find a cable or mini to micro adaptor today.

Edited by dirtykash

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

The MSI GF615M-P33 V2(MS-7597)'s release date stated in the manual is Feb 2011. That motherboard's USB chipset / hardware may be too new.  You may need something 8-10 years older.

The guy who wrote the xbit linux flasher has used this board so it will work even it's an nvidia chipset like he wrote in the readme.

Atm im fighting with my laptop. Windows xp installs almost fine but when it comes to register (at the end of the installation) it fails. Funny part is, the laptop boots up fine after that and it also detect the xbit board right (USB works fine). But i can't run any exe file at all. No rights for anything. So i try it with another cd right now. Maybe the self made installer srew that up some where. will see. And if i fail again, i guess i will buy that 20,- bucks old school which i found on ebay (Ofc i will bring the xbit when i buy it and buy it only if it works). ;):D

EDIT: And i have a USB 1.0 PCI card which i could try.

IMG_20200901_141414.jpg

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

1 hour ago, dirtykash said:

I’m gonna hook mine up to the software later today and see how I get on, I’ll report back...

ive got an old laptop knocking about somewhere, but no mini usb cable so I think I’ll just splice into the yellow cables with another usb if I can’t find a cable or mini to micro adaptor today.

My xp is an old dell dimension 3000.

1 hour ago, Ging3rguy said:

My xp is an old dell dimension 3000.

Nice. Found one for 5 bucks on ebay. :D

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/dell-dimension-3000-desktop-rechner/1442902889-228-7522

EDIT.

Ok laptop is running XP without problems but the chip didn't respond on flashing, formating or erasing. When i hit flash, format or erase the LED goes out and the tool didn't respond until i reconnect.  Bad luck i guess but worth the try.

IMG_20200901_165611.jpg

IMG_20200901_165617.jpg

IMG_20200901_165625.jpg

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

• 4 months later...

And bring up this topic again with some good news.

I bought a old Toshiba Satellite 4600 Pro for only 10,- Euros which has Win 2k on it. (Btw. the Toshiba Satellite 4200 is almost the same and should work as well.)

So because I still have a 1.0 and a 1.5 X-B.I.T, I tried my luck and it worked just fine, no problems at all. Both of them have now the latest bios files on it. I made 2 quick videos just to prove what I say here. So if you cant get your hands of one of the Dell Dimension 3000, which woks for the chip, this laptop will work as well.

X-B.I.T 1.0
https://youtu.be/SRZK_txfhoI

X-B.I.T 1.5
https://youtu.be/NbL630QqzZc