OGXbox.com

Fried X 2.1 Lite?

Magicaldave

hey guys, tried to use M7 recovery BIOS on one of my systems when I guess I decided to get a little too creative and attempt the pin header install. Improvising a pin header out of a busted IDE drive went great, but I guess I installed the chip backwards. Xbox doesn't show any issues besides the obvious bad flash, but either 10-wire or pin header installs result in a straight FRAG (three reboots and all) as soon as D0 is grounded. I tried going through the chip and just tying D0 to one of the pads on the board.

My Aladdin gets here on Monday, but is there any known fix here? My guess is supplying 5v instead of 3v over one of the pins gave it a pretty good zap and that's that. Thought it was worth asking about since I don't have aJTAG programmer to upgrade the Aladdin, though.