OGXbox.com

Repository for Hex Edited XBEs

malarrya

It's called OgXHD, but it's very hit and miss as to whether it works, and it tends to break some games. I can have a look at Tiger Woods if you want, I'm actually surprised that it isn't already widescreen, given that it's a sports game.

The only game I have managed to manually patch as of yet was Rayman 3 (and Rayman Arena too kinda), but it took a lot of trial and error to figure out how to make it work properly, since objects and enemies near the edges of the screen were being cut off.

There is a user named Esppiral from assemblergames who documented a lot of hex edits for games. It would be nice to have a thread on this forum documenting any widescreen patches that are figured out by users too.

Hex editing an XBE file using HxD is a piece of cake, since anyone can literally just click replace, put the original code that's written into the top box, and put the new modified code in the bottom one (both will be written).

It would be in a format like this and it should be easy to follow:

Find
00 00 80 3F

Replace
00 00 40 3F

• Like 1

So far only TW 05 has worked using OGXHD to play in 720p! 

I presume i cannot paste the xbe here???  Or can i??

EDIT : TW 06 sort of works too. In game looks amazing but ALL screens outside gameplay are blank, so you cannot read menus or anything. Randomly clicking A got me to the gameplay.

2nd EDIT: TW07 does the same as 06, gameplay looks amazing but All other screens are blank.

Dont know if anyone else out there can do anything about the ones the semi work, but im at the limit of my knowledge :P If anyone can make 04 work then that will be great as thats my favourite :)

Edited by nikeymikey
  • Like 1

That's great that 05 works, I really like that one. As for the blank screens, there's likely a way to fix it, but it could take a lot of trial and error with a hex editor. Also, you could create an IPS patch of the XBE with Lunar IPS. You basically choose the unmodified game XBE, then choose the one you have modified, and finally save the .ips file. That means that anyone who wants to use the patch can just open Lunar IPS, choose the ips file, then choose the xbe they want patched.

25 minutes ago, Steo1024 said:

That's great that 05 works, I really like that one. As for the blank screens, there's likely a way to fix it, but it could take a lot of trial and error with a hex editor. Also, you could create an IPS patch of the XBE with Lunar IPS. You basically choose the unmodified game XBE, then choose the one you have modified, and finally save the .ips file. That means that anyone who wants to use the patch can just open Lunar IPS, choose the ips file, then choose the xbe they want patched.

Any pointers anywhere as to how I’d start trying to fix the others???

Just now, nikeymikey said:

I did auto 720p, window view, normal and full :)

Alright cool, I'll have to go through these one at a time until I find out what's breaking the menus. OgXHD seems to be changing 101 values, so it's likely just changing some things it shouldn't be is all.

Edited by Steo1024
  • Like 1

In this line here:

05 00 18 3D 00 80 02 66 C7 05 08 FA 3C 00 E0 01

I'm replacing "80 02" (640) with "00 05" (1280) and "E0 01" (480) with "D0 02" (720), but when I change it to that 1280x720 resolution, it just ends up broken again like what OgXHD does. At worst come to worst, you could still play the game, as it's only the menu that's in the top left, while the actual game is full screen, but it would be better to figure it out. 😝

That would do me fine at least you can see the menus!!!

Ive spotted an error with the TW 05 patch. The aim marker (Blue Arrow) has no distance/elevation figures above it, they are way off to the right and off screen. They can only be seen when zoomed in using the B button and moving the aim marker to the left at high speed.

Edited by nikeymikey

I did, I'm sure that can be sorted out somehow also. Anyway, I'm not sure what happened with that other one, but I've tested this one and it definitely boots on my Xbox.

TW_06.ips

There must be more to it than I think though, it seemed to end up with broken menus again after the Tiger Woods demo, so it must only work until you're in game, then change resolution again. This one is a bit strange, though at least it works better than San Andreas, which seems to be stuck tiled in 640x480.

23 hours ago, Steo1024 said:

I did, I'm sure that can be sorted out somehow also. Anyway, I'm not sure what happened with that other one, but I've tested this one and it definitely boots on my Xbox.

TW_06.ips 401 B · 0 downloads

There must be more to it than I think though, it seemed to end up with broken menus again after the Tiger Woods demo, so it must only work until you're in game, then change resolution again. This one is a bit strange, though at least it works better than San Andreas, which seems to be stuck tiled in 640x480.

This one worked but as you said, once youve been in game, menus etc are completely broken again. Also no on screen info during gameplay so no club, wind etc info

The weird thing is that the menus are fine once those 2 identical mentioned codes are changed back to default, but that makes the screen 640x480 in the upper left. There must be another value somewhere else that can be altered to fix the menus, but the problem is trying to find it, since we don't really know what we're looking for to begin with. When I tried it with Rayman 3, the menus were just stretched vertically, and I knew where to fix that as I spent a lot of time last year trying to make that one widescreen when OgHXD wouldn't work. Maybe the values could be slightly similar to that game, it wouldn't do any harm for me to have a look.